ClickSend Integration or IFTTT REST for SMS text notifications?

I have a couple of automations that makes a voice announcement to all our Alexa and Google devices. It would be nice to also send a text message to my family members. I’m curious if I should use the ClickSend Integration or via IFTTT via REST?

I don’t think I’d need to send more than 10-20 text messages a month. I’m I’d like to use whichever service is the easiest to setup; and, of course, most reliable.

ClickSend via the existing integration is super fast, reliable and easy to setup (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/clicksend/)

I’ve been using it for over 6 months now and it’s great. I wouldn’t recommend using IFTTT in the middle.

1 Like

Thanks Matti. This is exactly what I wanted to know!

Does Clicksend still works in 2023?

I cant get it working! same for Clickcatell dosent work either!
Can anyone point me to a sms service that works in HA?

Yes it still works great. ClickSend service had sent the below email about the changes to their service. They don’t have shared phone numbers anymore due to abuse from bots.

"It appears that you were sending your messages from a shared number. We would like to inform you that carriers in the US will be phasing this out soon.

We have added a toll-free number to your account. Kindly use this as your FROM number moving forward. To do so, please choose “Your Dedicated Number” and choose the TFN from the drop-down box.

This TFN has a monthly fee, you can check it out here: ClickSend Dashboard

Furthermore, we highly suggest getting your TFN and message content verified to reduce the unsuccessful delivery of messages.

Simply fill up this form and we’ll be the one to process it for you: ClickSend TFN Verification Form
"