Climate Card with target temperature and timer

Hi folks,

I’m looking for a bit of help replicating really useful functionality we currently have in the tado app and that, in what I already can see is a recurring theme on this board, my other half really wants to keep it!

The Tado app, when setting a target temperature, then pops up with a timer and timeline, allowing you to set the duration of that temp change. It is automatically populated based on the “Manual control on tado device” time variable in the “room” settings in tado and also shows the next scheduled change on that timeline.

Does anyone have an idea how to implement this? or has anyone done anything similar? I’m not particularly attached to the design but i’d like to at least be able to set a duration when setting a temperature. A bit of research has told me that I’ll need a scheduler sorted out, which one should I use for this sort of thing?
I am currently using my tado device through the Homekit Controller to get offline control but I could use the tado integration instead if it’s easier to work with.

Any hints much appreciated, I feel like this has probably been asked before but I couldn’t find it on the search function.

1 Like