Climate Control Template

With graph and selectable target temperature, like any other A/C component?

This will get you what you want.

EDIT: The climate component is what generates all that other stuff. This object is in that domain, it’s safe to assume you will get all the same controls as long as you provide all the required attributes.

Oh okay. That’s very nice!

The documentation really needs some images to show what individual components look like, in my opinion.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Yeah, They need visual examples for every ui control IMO

1 Like

Do feel free to submit PRs (pull requests) to update the docs - use the Edit this page on GitHub link in the top right :wink:

I already tought of that and already made a pull request of one page to add some missing information, but it’s been more than 1 week and it’s still not there.

I don’t entirely know how it’s made with those. Do hass.io accept all pull request of their page on a specific date or something like that or was mine not enough and won’t be accepted?

Got a link to the PR and I can see what the state is?

That’s a commit, not a PR. I can’t find any PR linked to that.

Sorry to ask that, but what’s exactly the difference?

A PR is a pull request, it’s a “please add this change” request. Until it reaches that stage it’s not visible to those who run the repository.

You edit the file on GitHub, then Propose file change, select current as the base (for documentation tweaks like this), then Create pull request.

Thank you for explaining it, but I think I’ve lost myself in GitHub. I can’t find Propose file change. I somehow “forked” hass.io to my User, but from there I can’t find it, because it errors out 404. When I look at the file changes, I somehow contributed, but cant propose this change.

You have to start with the page of documentation you want to edit, then use Edit this page on GitHub and go from there.

Didn’t work. I’ll try it again later (maybe), or you can try and make a PR out of my commit, if that’s possible.

But thanks for your help.

Did you get any further on this one ? I am looking into controlling my LG AC unit using a script to generate the different IR-codes and sending them (MQTT) using a NodeMCU (Tasmota) with an IR-diode.

me too. let’s hop someone has a solution for this

Well, I took slightly another path with this. After some searching I thought it would be easier to just buy a Broadlink RM Pro, which then sends the commands for me, which works perfectly. Now I’m looking into programming a ESP to do that, instead of a Broadlink, because they’re not cheap. I’ll keep this thread updated if I do so.

Protip: The Broadlink RM Pro (V2) has a temperature sensor in it, which is really nice. V3 hasn’t the sensor anymore.

Trying to figure that out myself.

IRRemoteESP8266 Library works perfectly.

Commands are being read and sent easily.

I am trying to figure out the best way to create a climate component in HA.
(with the added feature of parsing IR signals received from manual remote and changing state of climate entitiy in H)

Also, do have a look at these https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/YTF-IR-Bridge
(Just bought one for 10$ at gearbest) (has all the hardware and we can just flash firmware as it uses ESP8266)
(Will update when I receive it next week maybe)

Ooooh, that’s neat. You just saved me a couple hundred bucks! Will definitively look into that, instead of Broadlink.

For the climate component, I’m afraid that someone needs to create its own custom_component, at least for now. If it turns out to work great, it might go into the official components.

As soon as I get some of these YTF IR Bridges, I’ll try to make a custom_component. I’m somewhat familiar with python, so I think I can do this. But if someone manages to get one working before me, I would be very happy :smiley:

2 Likes

I have not tried to create a new component yet, and in this case I think I will try to program the script for generating LG-codes in Arduino and use the Climate MQTT component in stead of creating a new one. Just have to learn some Arduino first :slight_smile: Also looked into Broadlink, but it does not have the nerd factor I want :smiley:

1 Like