Climate history not updating

As a bit of background, a week or so ago I had a power failure which corrupted my sqlite database. I dumped the data and re-imported it and all looked ok, but my history cards are no longer updating for any of my climate entities. Unless I restart HASS, in which case all the missing data suddenly reappears!

For example, if I were to restart now, the chart would show the last 24 hours of data, but in 6 hours time this will have reduced to only showing 18 hours, stopping at the point I restarted. If I then restart again, all 24 hours. So the data is there, but not being displayed. I turned on debugging, but could only see the result of the request:

2017-08-10 10:27:36 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.history] Extracted 55 states in 0.118642s

Again, looks like the data is there but not making it to the front end

I did upgrade to 0.50.2 during this, so not sure if the new faster history queries have broken somewhere? Using Chrome as the browser on a number of different platforms.

Is there anything else I can look at before dumping my database? I have other sensors (e.g. raspberry pi temperature) which are updating fine.