Climate Widget

I can’t get the climate widget to function. It displays the current temp and the target temp but I can’t change it from the dashboard.

please share some more info.

• a pic from the widget
  • if you tried it on another device
  • on which device and with what browser you tried it
  • which system you use to run Appdaemon
  • errorlog
  • appdaemonlog
  • dashboard yaml

anything that can help us help you.

I actually figured it out. Nest was exposed to home assistant though Wink in my setup. I decided to setup the nest component in HA directly and now the widget works. You

Hi,

I added a climate widget to HADashboard using a generic thermostat entity. The problem is, that the unit © doesn’t show. I tried to just omit the “units” tag, but no joy.
Here is my config:
thermostat:
widget_type: climate
entity: climate.nappali_termosztat
units: “C”
title: nappali
step: 0.5
precision: 1

43582743_10156587051874876_2351615579493761024_n

Can anybody help, please?

there was a small oversite in the climate widget, which makes it impossible to set the units.
at this moment it only gets the units from HA.
so if HA doesnt provide the units, it cant be shown.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I can see Celsius on the frontend, so it looks like HA provides the units.
Home%20Assistant%20(1)

can you check in dev tools states, which attributes does the climate entity have?

current_temperature: 24.2
min_temp: 15
max_temp: 25
temperature: 20
operation_mode: heat
operation_list: heat,off
away_mode: off
friendly_name: Nappali termosztát
supported_features: 1153

This is the attributes of the sensor (part of the generic thermostat):
node_id: 6
value_index: 1
value_instance: 1
value_id: 72057594143588370
unit_of_measurement: °C
friendly_name: Aeotec ZW100 MultiSensor 6 Temperature

i see.
allthough the climate entity shows the unit of measurement in the frontend, it isnt set as an attribute for the generic thermostat.
and because the climate entity has no attribute that shows the unit of measurement, the dashboard cant know it.
so the only option is that you wait for the next release from appdaemon, or ask the devs if they will add the attribute to the climate entity

Thanks a lot, I will do that.

I also have issues with the climate widget. Except that it responds very slow I can’t get the units to show. I tried both “unit” or “units”.
Also adding a %-sign in title2 for the humidity sensor or a °-sign in the title2 for the climate sensor generates an error 500. I tried escaping these characters but that doesn’t work.

the unit from the climate widget is inherited from home assistant, but it seems that some climate entities dont have the right attribute.
in the widget itselve there was glirch, with the result that the unit cant be set manual. this will be fixed in the next version.

if you use strange things like %-sign or °-sign in text fields you need to make sure that its between quotes and that you use an editor that translates those signs correctly.

error 500 is in most cases that your yaml is broken.

Which editor for Mac do you advise?
I discovered another issue with the climate widget. When the Nest goes into “eco” mode after inactivity of the motion sensor, the temperature field shows “auto” (not eco) and the + and - button don’t work anymore.

i really cant tell you which editor to use for mac.
never used one.

the problem with things like climate widget is that the climate entity for different devices are different.
and because the creator from the widget doesnt own them all, he cant test how other climate widgets work.

the widget gets its states from the HA entity. so if it shows auto, then there must be something in the entity that is set to auto.
and when a climate widget is set to auto you cant change the temp manually normally. so thats why + and - stop working.

in the dev tools, states page you need to check out the entity you use and see why the widget shows auto.

Hi, I am trying to use climate widget but seems like it does not allow to turn AC On/Off. I can see temp and + - sign but cannot click it for on off function. Is this default behaviour or I am missing something ?

thats by default.

climate widget gives you the set temperature and the option to turn the heat up or down.
if your climate entity has a possibilty to turn it on or off (not all have that option) then you can add a second (switch) widget that can turn the entity on or off.

Thanks @ReneTode for confirming. I am using Daikin Airbase and below are the options I get. Is it possible to configure on off with these options ?

edit

I have found a way to do it with script. But seems like I have to create two extra buttons, one for on and another for off. Is there a better way to do it with one button ?

the climate widget would give you the option to set (target) temperature, and change it higher or lower with steps from 1.

you dont have an on/off option at all.
you can create a template switch that switches between auto and off
you can also create an input_select that gives you the option to chose between fan_only,dry,cool,heat, auto and off
you can also create an input_select for low, mid and high.

and you can create a sensor widget for the current temperature.

so it all depends on how many things you would like on your dashboard and how.

Thanks @ReneTode I will give it a go.