Clipsal Wiser in Australia. Can it be integrated into HA?

Does anyone in Australia have any update on whether the Wiser system can be integrated and controlled with HA?
Does anyone have it installed and working? If so does it work well?
I’m new here to this space and can’t seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

Cheers

Yes you can connect them to Home asssitant using zigbee2mqtt.

And ZHA according to this:

Searching that topic will find you more discussion about them.

I have a few of the Wiser outlets connected via ZHA.
https://www.clipsal.com/products/detail?CatNo=3025CSGZ&itemno=3025CSGZ&tab-document-1=0
They occasionally turn themselves off, but I think the occasional quirk with Zigbee gear is pretty common.

Thanks for that. I’ll have a look at it.
Not really sure which way I’m going but it’s good to keep options open I guess.

Question; Do I need the Wiser Hub for this? Reason I ask is that because I already have a Zigbee hub in Smartthings so I was thinking that I could perhaps just but the Clipsal Wiser Zigbee mechs.
The Clipsal Wiser hub is $385.00…

Do note that the solutions proposed above use either Zigbee2MQTT or ZHA - both of which requires a dedicated ZigBee stick like SkyConnect or Sonoff Dongle-E

Or many others. I highly recommend Tubes zigbee coordinators. https://tubeszb.com/

The PoE versions in particular can be placed centrally in your house (if you have a PoE switch) so your coordinator is not tied to your home assistant host which may be in an unfavourable reception location. Otherwise the Ethernet versions can be located anywhere you have a network connection and use a 5V plug pack.

1 Like

I read this as No to Smartthings.
I think that is OK, all those TubeZB, Skyconnect and Sonoff devices are reasonably priced.

Unless Smartthings has support for Cilpsal Wiser that would be a correct assessment.

Yep - can confirm those two in your post from Oct 22 they are working direct with SkyConnect and ZHA integration, a bit of mucking around to get connected (had to fully reset to factory first). Im from NZ so they are “PDL Iconic” labeled here.

I am using them purely as a zigbee on/off button to trigger automations, and used in this way there is no difference between the dimmer and the switch that I can see. For future reference from other AU/NZ users: PDL354PBDMBTZ-VW and PDL356PB2MBTZ-VW are the part codes:

https://www.pdl.co.nz/products/detail?CatNo=PDL354PBDMBTZ&itemno=PDL354PBDMBTZ-VW

https://www.pdl.co.nz/products/detail?CatNo=PDL356PB2MBTZ&itemno=PDL356PB2MBTZ-VW

EDIT: The PDL354PBDMBTZ-VW does not work quite right. On/off is fine, but the dimmer part of it does not work properly with HA

I have just bought and setup the smoke detector. 755WSA.
It connect perfectly and appears to be working correctly straight out of the box however the real test will come when the mrs burns something in the kitchen :smirk:
It start up on the internal battery and connect to the zigbee coordinator fine and continued working correctly once connect to mains also.
The only issue I have noticed is that it reports a temperature sensor but it reads 0, I was hoping this would begin to read once powered up from mains but still nothing.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have just finished retro-fitting the PDL Wiser Iconic Zigbee system in my home… using a combination of the 2AX and Dimmers (PDL354PBDMBTZ-VW).

Both are working really well via HA, I can activate them using the push buttons on the unit or HA without any major issues.

The only issue I have found is I need to set the on level to above 125 (or 50%) otherwise the units wont turn on the lights properly.

For example if you dim the lights below 50% and then turn them off via HA or the push button and then try and turn them back on the switch turns on but the lights do not come on till you set the brightness to more than 50%. This only seems to be a problem with my Birghtgreen D700+ LEDs so have asked BrightGreen if its something to do with their lights. As my LED strips I have connected to the Dimmers work fine.

I purchased 2 x Clipsal CLP599WSA smoke alarms, they have zigbee but when adding them through zigbee2mqtt it comes up unsupported, is there a way to have them supported, or do I need to buy the hub and have them run through there?

Given the Schneider CCT599001 is supported supported, I suspect it just needs it’s model name added and a copy/paste of the existing config

Have a read through the support new device page

I’ve got some of these dimmers.

Integrates very well in Z2MQTT, can control all options you can in the wiser app, including what the button backlight behaviour is.

I’ve recently switched to ZHA and they are detected and work there too but I can no longer change the button backlight behaviour (that I can see, anyway).

I have Clipsal working with ZHA apart from finding no option for backlight behaviour.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Anything I can check to assit why it doesn’t show?

Electricians just finished replacing all my smart globes with Wiser dimmer modules and switch modules for fans / non-dimmable lights.

I used the modules as I have architrave switches and the mechanisms would not fit. The modules are in the roof in most places. Also the Iconic mechanisms would not match the rest of the house.

Everything is working really well using zigbee2mqtt.

Only had one switch module that would not switch out of Bluetooth mode. Had to get the state rep to use the old Wiser app to update the module. There was no update available in the new app.

Also speaking with him he mentioned that matter is at least a year away and will not work with their existing hubs. So consider that if matter is important to you and you are considering a hub purchase.

2 Likes

HI Simon - would you be open to sharing more details on how you connected the PDL Wiser items in? I have an out of the box Home Assistant Yellow (with ZHA and I am not using a SkyConnect). Im struggling to find details on how to integrate PDL Wiser in to HA… any comments would be amazing. Thanks!

Hey Andrew. Sure thing! Im only using them as smart switches, so they are only wired into power, get there is nothing else connected to them. Make sure you get the zigbee default ones. You can get BT default ones, but then you have an added step to change them to zigbee.

Note: I used this guide: https://www.productinfo.schneider-electric.com/pdl/viewer?docidentity=IconicConnectedSwitch10AX-E1BEE419&lang=en&extension=xml&manualidentity=DeviceUserGuideIconicConnectedSwitc-E33D536C

Skip to “Pairing Zigbee device manually”, Short press the push-button 3 times, the LED will block orange. At this point they showed up in a ZHA search and added them to HA.

I seem to remember I needed to reset a couple of them. There is a Resetting the device manually section. in the guide for that.

FYI - The ones I was using are ZIGBEE PDL356PB2MBTZ-VW BUTTON SWITCH MODULE 2AX WITH , however - they have developed a noise when off and on. Like a slight high pitched electrical hum. I touched based with PDL (wiser here in NZ) and they said that with some loads this can happen, they have replaced under warranty with 1PDL356PB10MBTZ-VW - PDL WISER ICONIC PUSH-BUTTON SWITCH MODULE 10AX WITH ZIGBEE.

1 Like