Clodpi Atom hub

Clodpi has launched a new hub for Home Assistant that looks very similar to Yellow, but ships December 25th, instead of March 2023

https://www.clodpi.io/clodpiatomhub

Based on CM4 boards, with 4 GB RAM and 32 GB eMCC in the shipping version
$200 + $25 USD shipping

It also supports mounting a Z-wave header on the inside for RaZberry 7 module or AEOTEC Z-Pi 7

Anyone considered purchasing this hub?

Old post I know but I’ll add my 2c on this. I bought the first release of this device. It arrived pretty quickly, which was good but it wasn’t smooth sailing.

The ClodPi team have some KB articles about how to first set these things up and what you can do for basic troubleshooting, however my set up experience fell over at the very first step when I couldn’t load the webGUI of the pre-installed HomeAssistant software. I could ping the device on my network but couldn’t load.

I logged a support case with their team, but before they responded I fixed the issue myself by re-flashing HomeAssistant on to the thing- which any time you do this type of fix requires you to disassemble the casing, manually move a pin jumper and plug into a micro-USB port on the board. ClodPi could make this infinitely easier by making the pin a switch on the back, as well as provide access to this micro-USB port from the back of the casing too.

So I got that sorted and the general installation of a Hassio environment went pretty smoothly. Until I wanted to configure Zigbee support. ClodPi had a KB article about how to do this but the screenshots on their article were different to what I had on my screen. Thread/Matter also didn’t work. Once again I opened a support ticket, and once again several days went by before I was advised to copy two documents into the root folder of the device. However I couldn’t SSH onto the thing either, no passwords I had written down was working, so I abandoned this. I managed to find a Raspberry Pi 4 and picked up a SkyConnect dongle, and that’s what my Home Assistant is running on.

I might come back to the ClodPi later when I feel like a challenge but as of right now I have pretty much zero faith in these all-in-one systems as they are very frustrating to try and fix. I hope the Yellow is far easier to work with if something goes wrong, because I probably wouldn’t recommend this thing at the moment.

1 Like