Cloud Edge App + Wireless Battery IP Cameras

Anyone have any success determining access to CloudEdge and some Zumimall wireless battery IP cameras?

CloudEdge App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudedge.smarteye&hl=en_US&gl=US
Zumimall Cams: https://www.zumimall.com/collections/cameras/products/wireless-rechargeable-battery-powered-wifi-camera-home-security-camera-night-vision-indoor-outdoor-1080p-video-with-motion-detection-2-way-audio-waterproof-compatible-with-cloud-storage-sd-slot

These things are head and shoulders superior to the Wyze Outdoor Security cameras - I just tried those for 2 weeks and I’ve got them (5) all boxed up and ready to go back.

The issue with the Zumimall is that they depend on CloudEdge and don’t appear to be OVIF compliant, but I’ve seen Home Assistant do amazing things (short of the miraculous) so I’m here praying I can get something set up with TinyCam Pro or something

3 Likes

Did you find a solution? I recieved a free camera from lemnoi which also works with cloudedge. I would like to disable the cloud connection and connect it to Home Assistant.

No, sadly. To make matters worse, there aren’t a lot of options out there if you’re unwilling to drill holes into your home and run cables up three stories.

I’m pretty handy with using APIs and figuring stuff out, so if you have any leads or information on Cloud Edge I’ll take what I can get and hunt down more leads.

1 Like

I’m also trying to figure this out. So far no luck though as everything seems to point towards the ieGeek cameras we have only working with the Cloud Edge app… Wish I had been consulted when picking the cameras. lol

I have the onvif feed displaying fine on my Home Assistant setup. I did a port scan against the IP address assigned to the cloudedge camera, and found two open ports (port 8000 & port 8554).
I can’t verify through the HA UI but I think it was port 8000 that worked.

No way?! I’ll try this out tomorrow and get back to you!

Without sharing specifics, what did you use for authentication when the integration prompts you? I tried the username and password I’m using within the cloudedge app and it’s spitting back an “unknown error”

I found this and I’ll be trying it today as well: GitHub - RogerHardiman/onvif-audit: Scan a network and create an audit log the camera models and JPEG snapshots

Hey it is me again. Did you get it to work? I get the same error in homeassistant and with scantool you shared i get “Wrong ONVIF SOAP response”.

I’ve tried a bunch of different things and no dice. If you look at other manufacturers’ implementations of wireless security cameras, they all come with some sort of “home base” station. I think these base stations act as NVRs (in a traditional sense) where CloudEdge is a software substitute for a traditional NVR or base. So, without a base there’s no real way to implement ONVIF standards because the battery technology just doesn’t make it feasible to run a constant stream; the battery actually necessitates these things sleep as much as they can to make them useful.

I’m currently looking into the Arlo cameras. Perhaps you want to look into these with me and let me know your thoughts?

Some cloudedge cameras support ONVIF
This Doorbell camera comes in 2 versions, Tuya, or CloudEdge (onvif)
This doorbell works in blueiris via onvif connection,

Home Assistant supports ONVIF