Cloud service not loading after recent update

I updated HA to the latest release, recently, and now the Cloud service (Nabu Casa) isn’t launching. I’m seeing the following error in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:244
First occurred: April 16, 2021, 7:16:33 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: April 16, 2021, 7:16:33 PM

Setup of cloud is taking longer than 300 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer

Can anyone suggest how I might go about troubleshooting this?

1 Like

Nabu Casa support helped me fix the problem. First they had me delete the .cloud folder under my config folder. That got the Cloud configuration panel showing up again. At that point I was having difficulty getting connected and they suggested disabling IPv6 at Supervisor > System > Host.

I guess now I need to do some troubleshooting on why IPv6 isn’t working for me, but at least I have my Alexa connection back. Thanks, support!

6 Likes

Thank you! This helped me figure out what happened with the latest update. Broken ipv6 rule in pfSense that I would have never looked at had I not come across this post.

Thanks a lot, switching off IP6 helped. Before that, the start of HA took 15 minutes and the cloud did not connect.

I had to do this once before (delete the config/.cloud folder) to fix this problem and had completely racked my brain for 2 hours figuring out what was going on only to come back to this thread and rediscover it fixing my problems. Thank you (again) @bgshacklett!

PS: These problems are not solved by doing anything with the ha command like ha supervisor repair or ha core check or ha core rebuild and I have found this is the only solution so far I have found trying dozens of things.

Secondly these only occur to me after doing any sorts of Supervisor or Core upgrades.

1 Like

Hi All. Getting this error accessing externally through nabu casa since I updated to latest version 2023.2.2 Can’t order a new ACME challenge: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Account is not valid, has status “deactivated”

any ideas?
I am sure is got something to do with certificates or something but I cannot figure out how to fix it. I cannot find a .cloud folder that was suggested I delete

I have the problem again. Switching off IP6 does not help. Any idea? HA is telling me that I am connected. However, it also tells since two days that the remote connection is going to be established (and so far there is no remote connection).