CNTRLR Failed to execute controller command after 1/3 attempts. Scheduling next try i n 100 ms

hi everyone,
I am just starting with HA and one of the first integrations I am working with is Zwave.
I am running a HA 2021.3.3 on a Virtualbox, and using Zwave-JS integration. Also using a Nortek USB ZWAVE & Zigbee stick… Initially I started with OpenZwave, but then I removed it once I installed the Zwave-JS.

While I was able to register few zwave devices to test with in the Zwave-JS, I have started to notice that occasionally - once or twice a day, I cannot control any of them, nor they report status correctly. A restart of the Zwave-JS seems to fix everything for a while.

Looking in the Zwave log, I am seeing a ton of these lines

18:54:23.810 CNTRLR Failed to execute controller command after 1/3 attempts. Scheduling next try i
n 100 ms.
18:54:52.518 CNTRLR Failed to execute controller command after 1/3 attempts. Scheduling next try i
n 100 ms.
18:55:15.026 CNTRLR Failed to execute controller command after 1/3 attempts. Scheduling next try i
n 100 ms.
18:55:25.423 CNTRLR Failed to execute controller command after 1/3 attempts. Scheduling next try i
n 100 ms.

I did restart the entire VM, but it made no difference.

I don’t know whether these error messages are related to my problem, I would love to have some guidance/ advice on this.

Also I would like to learn where the full Zwave logs and ZWave configurations are located - I am not able to find them.

Thank you!

I’ve got the same issue. I added a secure node, my front door lock, and I started to see the same error. All other nodes work fully but the lock will not report back the state if opened or closed manually. Hoping someone knows these answers.

Mine was giving those errors even before adding a secure lock.
What USB stick you’re using? and what platform you are running HA on?
(I am running it on Virtualbox on OS X)

It’s possible I didn’t even notice. I’ve really struggled hard with keeping the zwave network up until the JS version came out. I’m running a Zooz stick on a windows 10 host with VB linux.

Last year, everytime there was an server update notification the network would crash. I wasn’t even updating it yet just when the notify started. I would then have to switch from zwave original to OZW or vice versa to get it running again. I started in October last year.

The JS is pretty new so it’s still buggy but way better than anything I’ve dealt with in the past.

There was an update recently that corrected the lock reporting issue.

However the failed to execute bug is still present.

Which Lock model are you talking about? Is it the Smartcode910 which does not report the status?
And which zwaveJS version fixed it?

TY

0.1.14 fixed the issue but I still had one false unlocked notification. The lock is an old style Kwikset 910 that has been discontinued. It’s very confusing because the 910 series all have keypads except this one.

It reports it’s state perfectly fine to my alarm system. Very slowly but it has never faultered.