☕ Coffee machine switch automation (Schedule-based or Wattage Detection)

Tired of waiting for your espresso machine to heat up in the morning? Automate it with this blueprint with some additional smart features! :coffee::zap:

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.
Version: 1.1 :fire:

Requirements

• Home Assistant
  • A smart switch to control your coffee machine
  • (Optional) A power monitoring plug for wattage-based detection

:newspaper: The Automation Process:

Trigger:

• Schedule-based Activation: Turn on your coffee machine at scheduled times.
  • Manual Trigger Option: Enable on-demand use by manually turning on the coffee machine.

Warmup Detection:

• Time-based Mode: Set a fixed duration for the coffee machine to warm up.
  • Wattage-based Mode: Monitor power consumption to detect when the machine is warmed up and ready to brew.

Notifications:

• First Notification: Receive a message when the coffee machine is ready to use.
  • Second Notification: Get a reminder before the machine turns off.
  • Final Notification: Last chance alert before automatic shutdown.

Manual Shutoff Detection:

• Detect when the coffee machine is manually turned off and stop the automation.
4 Likes

Thanks for your blueprint, it fits my use case pretty well. However, I think I noticed a small mistake.

The description asks to limit the sum helper to 7, but in my automation this fails because it tries to set a much higher value. It seems to work without the limit.

1 Like

@Zaunei I messed up the description of the helpers. I updated the code on github.

Let me know if you have any other additions.

The logic is fairly simple:

The automation adds 1 to the count helper until it reaches 6. At 7 it resets the helper.
When count is 6 it calculates the avarage of the sum helper (which added 6 readings of the wattage) to check if the avarage is below the threshold. If below the threshold it continues the rest of the automation