Collapsible Selector Groups

Request

I wish to group functionally related selectors in a blueprint together in a collapsible section.

This improves UX for users, minimise noise and decision fatigue.

Will also be nice to have collapsible selector serve as a section header.

Example

My Example Blueprint

In this example blueprint, there are many options.

Each option can be categorised very nicely.

Eg:

• Notification Configuration
  • Android Options
  • iOS Options

Users who only use android can easily skip the entire iOS group.

Same request applicable to Script Fields.

I 100% aggree with @samuelthng

The implementation of collapsible sections could not only streamline my workflow but also enhance the overall usability for others. I’ve included a visual representation below for a clearer understanding.

Blueprint inputs

Input 1
Input 2
input 3
etc

Dynamic Lighting

Input 4
Input 5
Input 6
etc

Conditions

Input 7
Input 8
etc

Night Lights

Input 9
Input 10

Blacky :smiley:

3 Likes

+1, this really needs to be implemented for ease of use. It get’s quite overwhelming when there are too many text and options on a single page. Collapsing will give the ability to minimise options that you might not need, and expandability when required.

Yes please!

Yes please

I’ve started a proposal for this in HA core, to allow for blueprint input sections.

Feel free to see if the schema suggested there would meet your needs, or if you have any other suggestions I missed.

1 Like

Add your opinion up there. Show your support! Show Nabu Dev team this is something we need.

Agree, this would be great.

This would be great. Current complex blueprints can be quite confusing to use if they have many options. Being able to better display them and candidate through the options would help hugely.