Color Picker no longer works for Tradfri RGB bulbs

EDIT: I ended up upgrading to 2021.8 and my color picker issue resolved itself. Must have been an issue with 2021.7? Who knows.

I had a single Ikea Tradfri RGB bulb running fine for over a year. The color picker shows up, and allows different color selections - and I was even able to make a Node Red flow to randomize the color based on a button click from an Aqara button. It is in my daughters room, so I don’t really use it myself much. But it worked so well, I bought two more.

I just got around to installing them (one as a porch light, the other on a light post in my front yard) and they connect fine, and allow on/off/dimming via HA. But somewhere along the lines, the color picker stopped working…on ANY of the them, including the one that previously worked fine.

When a new color is selected, the GUI shows you selected that color, but the bulb does not change. After a few seconds, the GUI switches back to the “normal” color.

Here is a gif of the behavior:

The kicker is, I CAN set the color in the Phoscon web app.

Has something changed?

I have the same problem, only that additionally my bulb doesn’t react to any sort of input. Any ideas?

@Scorchykotz hmmm, that sounds a bit more serious. So you have no control - meaning you can see the light, and it’s state in Developer tools, but you can’t turn it on or off?

I should have updated my original post (I’ll do that now…) but I ended up upgrading to 2021.8 and my color picker issue resolved itself.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Because I am seeing this too.
Not sure what’s causing it but from time to time my bulbs just stop reacting to any of my input.
Also it seems to only affect my color bulbs, not the “normal” temperature ones.

Are you also using deconz for connecting?

Yes - but (if I recall correctly - it’s been a while) all I had to do was update my HA instance to 2021.8 and my color picker issue resolved itself. Must have been an issue with 2021.7? Who knows. It has not happened since 2021.7 and I’m on 2021.10.5 right now