Command Line Light - Use the command line to control an "unsmart" device

Hi there,
I love Home Assistant and the many possibilities given to control unsmart devices in my home.
I like to work with the command line plug-ins, so that I can integrate other Apps like LIRC or Fhem in my Home Assistant Project.
I would like to see a feature, where I can control an IR controlled light bulb with the Home Assistant software.
Because I don’t really understand programming that much, I friendly ask you to help me to get a workaround for this problem.
Thanks

Seems like a basic thing, not sure why it’s not in there already. There is a Command Line Everything, it would be easy to implement a Command Line Light with the same on/off/state scripts.

Any particular reason this doesn’t exists?

Hi there, I’m so sorry to put this topic again to TOP but I have a question about that.

Configuring the command_line switch and switches is terrific simple and awesome. But it is not equally simple to set a light (simple light) in the same way. Is there any one that did it and he could help me to do the same?

Thanks

Didn’t search did you? Custom Proxy Platform - Easily Convert Switches to Lights!

1 Like

Ops… my bad! Thanks a lot