Command Line Switches no longer working after Docker Install

I could use some help. Hopefully this is the right place. I recently decided to change my hassio setup and install hassio in a Docker Container on a linux mint 19 client. I found the following step-by-step instructions for installing hassio on Linux Mint 19 here: https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/install-hass-io-on-docker-linux/. Most everything is working fine. However, now my command line switches no longer work. I get the following error message in the log:

ERROR (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.command_line.switch] Command failed: curl -s -k -u myusrname:mypassword -H ‘Accept:application/json’ --digest ‘https://192.168.1.15/restapi/relay/outlets/4/state/’.

I never had and issue with these command line switches when I used other hassio install methods. Based on what little information I could gleam online, the issue appears to be that the Docker container does not have the correct ssh cli authorization to execute command line commands. Not sure it matters, but I have installed the Hassio SSH & Web Terminal Addon and it seems to work fine. If anyone knows why I am not able to use command line switches when running hassio from a Docker container and if there is a way to fix it, I would be much obliged.

The trick is to run a console in the Home Assistant container (Portainer is good for that) and then see what exact format the command needs to be in to work. It won’t help trouble shooting in the ssh addon. I do run a curl command in a script and it works so it’s definitely possible. Running it in the console will help you see the errors.

Thanks David. For the prompt response. I do have Portainer installed. Would you mind expanding a bit on what I am looking for in Portainer to indicate how I need to run the curl commands?

just run a console in the Home Assistant container and execute the curl command.

Thanks David. I didn’t know you could do that. I will give it a try. Thanks for the help.

Yeah it’s pretty handy to debug stuff like this. You should be able to make it work.