Communication with Solis inverter

Hello Robert,

I would like to ask you wich Modbus you use? I have found multiple forums where they talk about the TCP Modbus, but I can’t get to the settings to see if TCP is activated and wich port I need.

Some news WRT this topic; I found that an API with the Soliscloud is available upon request.
Could be a starting point to build a proper integration with Home-assistant.

@arcaic Hi, I also have an RAI-3K-48ES-5G with LAN stick, but i cannot seem to get it working. Can you explain the settings you are using? Thanks

Has anyone in Australia managed to get API access ?

With the ginglong website shutdown imminent I’ve been attempting to switch over to Solis Cloud API, however when going through the process above they just close the ticket and tell me to contact an AU based solis email address which I’m still waiting to hear back from.

hi, i saw your post about the modbus tables and the connections to the solis inverter. i am planning to read the output data from my inverters. are you willing to supply me the information you have?

Greetings jim vogelzang

Same here.

This PDF has been the best resource I’ve used for the Solis modbus registers

It’s not based on the most recent official document but the newer ones from Solis have sections missing so this is much better.

Hi Will,
Do you know if the integration works with something like this:

I’m building next year and the builder uses solis inverters.

I’m planning cabling now and thinking to put a rj45 point next to the inverter, bring the rs485 back to the above (rs485 over cat6) sitting somewhere near my patch panel. Maybe into a raspberry pi but maybe to a vm if passthrough works ok.

Cheers !

Yea it should work fine.
But wouldn’t an Ethernet-RS485 adaptor give you greater flexibility as you don’t need to plug it physically into the Pi / VM?

1 Like

Yes that’s a much better. Thank you !

Did you have any luck? If so, what is the email for AU?

Never mind … got my API activated today via local support.

Hi
How does one add the interface/add on to HA. It does not appear in the store