Community Hass.io Add-on: Google Assistant Webserver (broadcast messages without interrupting music)

But this thread is about the Add-on. The stand-alone Docker version is not, so it should really have it’s own thread otherwise it will just confuse the situation further.

I’m pretty sure the entire Google integration, this is based upon, and references, is deprecated since it’s using Python APIs instead of the new Google Assistant APIs. My major difficulty was none of the screens matched expectations and I now understand that as of June 28, they changed from Python API to Google Assistant Service API.

Hi, does still work?

I installed on hass.io, I use the integrated GA (without nabucasa) to control the devices, when I start the add-on I receive the following message:

[Error] You need initialize GoogleAssistant with a client secret json!

Host system

Hostname servidor-ha
System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS x64
Docker version 19.03.11

Thank you!

Also wondering the same thing. I’ve also been having issues trying to setup Home Assistant Relay so I believe integration with the Google Assistant API has changed and the add-ons have not been updated accordingly yet.

This was working for me when I used it a few days ago

EDIT: sorry, I was getting confused with a different add-on. This is what I use now:

I’ve been using the add-on to turn on my new Chromecast TV via CEC and even open apps like Home Assistant and Fully Kiosk Browser:)

Anyone else having troubles since updating to Home Assistant Core 2020.12 ?

If you mean that it doesn’t work anymore since than, I agree. It stopped working for me after updating to (the beta of) this 2020-12 release.

1 Like

I couldn’t get it working again and am very reliant on it so have moved over to Assistant Relay as an alternative. https://github.com/Apipa169/Assistant-Relay-for-Hassio

3 Likes

It’s related to this bug. There’s also a workaround there https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/44210

2 Likes

Is it possible to play an mp3 without stopping the playback ?
Got a lot of voice messages from Amazon Polly

Is it possible to get the status of a device in a http response somehow? So that i for example can get the status of my lights in the livingroom?

is this addon still working?

I see last update 12 months ago…

I moved to assistant relay maybe 4-6 months ago.
LINK

It seems that it is no longer mantained

Looking For Maintainers

Unfortunately I no longer have time to continue supporting Assistant Relay, and I have personally migrated to Home Assistant where I no longer have a personal need for Assistant Relay. V3 and V4 will remain in their current state, however if you would like to maintain, please create a fork and let me know so I can add to the ReadMe

1 Like

I dont see that in the respository I linked, but I do in the original developer, Greg Hesp’s. Check out

There is a hassio (HassOS) version as well it looks like, but I’ve only used the docker version.

Yes but repository is based on the original docker I linked so I guess if somewhere in the future anything will change it will be broke.

I tried assistant relay but it has issues with token expiry… So no solid solutions for now.
At least this broadcast component is still working for me.

The relay is indeed broken. And maintainer does not maintain it anymore.
I’m also in need of sending commands to google assistant from HA.
(For instance ‘hey google turn off my tv’ which is chromecast cec connected).

The assistant relay link I posted a few posts up works just fine. Last release was in October, but works great for me.