Home Assistant Community Add-on: Grafana

I agree, it has re-appeared for me as well. Yesterday I was unable to get into Grafana from my computer, although my tablet showed everything fine. The iframe gave 401-error, while the Grafana link sent me to the Grafana login page without letting me login (though the login was removed?). So there’s something weird going on for sure.

1 Like

Yes you are right. Same problem

1 Like

Hello all,

I also found the problem 401 in the iframe card.

1 Like

@braiu no idea how to solvw this problem?!?

That’s correct, same here. I rectified it using the Grafana link and actually signing in with its admin account. going back to lovelace the iframe card works. in one instance I had to also clear the cache, but this seems unnecessary usually.
Practically every day I have to reopen the grafana UI before the iframe card starts working again, at the beginning I get the 401.

Also, I could not make it work on the iOS app. I still only see the 401 error, no matter what I do.

@mr-varga I’m not sure, you seem to be doing the right things. In theory it should work.
I have never tried something like that before, so I have nothing to share. I would troubleshoot around verifying whether you have actual access to the influxDB machine. Have you tried from within the same network using the local IP (e.g something like 192.168.1.xxx:80806), rather than duckdns address, just to exclude you have some issues there?

Have a look at point 7 here: Complete guide on setting up Grafana/InfluxDB with Home assistant using official Docker images

What did you link to duckdns? Did you use the http://a0d7b954-influxdb:8086 address? as far as I understand this is only accessible by localhost.

Can you post your Grafana data source settings?

I need two sources in Grafana, one for the local InfluxDB server and the other for the external InfluxDB server (this is outside of my home).

The first one is working perfectly, I have the problem to connect the external one.
The external one is also a hassio running in another house, with Influxdb running and the 8086 port open.

yes, this was clear from what you said at the beginning.
What is likely not working is whatever you linked to duckdns. My suggestion to try a connection to the “SulParo” database from within the same local network was to narrow down the multiple possible causes. I understand you need to connect from another house, but you need to troubleshoot first.
Are you 100% sure the connection via the duckdns address work and connect to your device? if not, that’s what you need to verify first.

Yes I’am sure 100%. This “Sulparo” is a raspberry with hassio running and influxdb addon, and time a go there was also grafana and all works ok. Now i have uninstall grafana but influxdb is running. If i try to go from external to the link #####.duckdns.org:8086 the page is blank with “404 page not found”. This seems to be ok like a influxdb server, right?

Yep, you’re right, it should indicate you are connected to it.
That’s good.

I think at this stage your best bet is checking what your grafana experiences when trying to connect to this external source.
I’d recommend to set the log_level to “debug” (your could even consider “trace”) in the Grafana config. and restart the service. Check the guide: https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-grafana
Then look at the log in the grafana add-on config page, you’ll hopefully see some meaningful detail about the reason the connection to the external influxdb fails.

1 Like

Hi all, is it possible to add a 3rd party plugin to this new version of Grafana?

Thanks.

I had to use the ip of hassio: 192.168.2.5:8086, other options failed.
Strange however, I use localhost:8086 to fill influxdb from HA

so it works for me too

Thanks Jens, I really needed your input on changing the organization! Was stuck there for a while!

Want to share how to get rid of the top menu inside the i-frame:

You have to change the d inside the url to d-solo, like that
http://HASSIO-IP:8123/api/hassio_ingress/weirdalphanumericcode/d-solo/anotheralphanumericcode/…
Before:

After:

just in case, it’s unknown :wink:

2 Likes

I just upgraded to v3.0.0 and it seems to have been successful except that I have lost all my dashboards.

I’m not a big user so far, so it is really only a bit annoying that this has happened, I’m not going to lose too much sleep over it if I have to recreate them.

But is there a way to get them back?

1 Like

I usually back up Dashboards to JSON every now then, that way it’s usually easy to restore them if needed.

Ah, ok, I didn’t know you could do that.
I have a snapshot from before the upgrade. Are the dashboards available anywhere to copy and paste back in the current config?

(I’m not expecting the answer to be yes, but it’s worth asking)

I’ve never tried delving into the snapshots but it could be possible. I think it’s some sort of archive file, you may just need to rename and extract the snapshot in order to see it’s contents.

Yeah thanks, I’ve been inside snapshots plenty of times to restore a config file after making a pigs ear of some big or other! :slight_smile:

I just wondered if you knew the Grafana file structure and where I’d find the dashboards.

I’ll have a poke around and see what I can find.