Community Hass.io Add-on: Home Assistant Control Panel

Thank you @eswiderski. I simply created the add-on though, @L33-the-3rd did all the hard work :construction_worker_man:

To answer your question; Yes, the panel is actually stored per browser (local storage).

2 Likes

Great Job! Thank u @L33-the-3rd

1 Like

This is single-handedly changing my wifeā€™s life!

1 Like

@Evanlec Thank you, that did the trick! (default config and manually entering the site and password).

Is there any way to change the layout of the devices? Mine seem to be a scattered mess to go through but that is probably just based on the way I have them set up in HA. I donā€™t currently use any other dashboard system so have just set up a few groups and views of common things I track.

@Geoff_Brown Thereā€™s no way to swap the order of the groups, but you can remove them all and create new ones. Just long press on the settings icon to enter edit mode - where you can add/remove groups, or add entities to existing groups. Long press settings again to exit edit mode.

You can get the right order by deleting everything and starting again - a little tedious, but I think reordering the groups might be a way down the line. itā€™s gonna take a redesign of the backend data to make it work, so itā€™s a lower priority than other stuff atm. But see how you get on with edit mode :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah, that is awesome then! I could not find that info anywhere - thanks!

How can I style it? Where are files?

Awesome job! But Frustrationā€¦ I canā€™t get it to work. Added the CORS in the correct place. Restarted about 10 times after altering the url from the external url to the local ip, with and without https:// Still keep getting

ā€œā€œUnable to connect to Home Assistant. Please check the Server URL is accessible from this device or change the URL below:ā€ā€"

Just a note for those that are experiencing the connection issues. My issue was port related, so check your firewall, router, etc. to ensure everythingā€™s open/forwarded.

@codesnipper - the downloadable file is basically a few files bundled together, however it just uses standard CSS, which is included in the file. Edit the CSS and refresh to style it.

@Ice Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on with the duckdns thing, as Iā€™ve not used it myself. Maybe as per @eswiderski mentions, check your ports etc. A few people are having a similar problem but I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s posted/found a solution yet

I have installed through add-ons store, so I would know, where is it on my hass.io system

That is not possible via the add-on. If you like to customize it, you have 2 options.

1. Install it manually and do not use an add-on
  2. build your own add-on.

Hass.io add-ons are Docker containers, which are isolated non-persistent containers.

Looking forward to an update on this once someone has one.

• Maybe a detailed setup instructions with and without a local / external base_url.

Thanks!

This all depends on your setup and even the capabilities of your router (some ISP routers donā€™t allow loopback).

There are sooo many combinations that a manual wonā€™t be cool to do. I really donā€™t see how difficult this can be. I assume you know your network setup right?

Secondly, this is not a problem for the panel, this is a general issue. As a rule of thumb, use the URL you use in your browser as well, and in case you are using SSL, ensure the certificate is valid.

1 Like

Maybe you could in next updates give the possibility to change size of clock and date? They take to much place on a wall mounted tablet .

Hi Lee,

awesome UI youā€™ve put together, really awesome. Have had it running locally on home assistant, but recently setup hass.io but struggling to get this add on working. You mentioned you may be updating the autodetect functionality. Any idea on timescales?

Many Thanks!

Hi - thanks for your comments :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t actually tested the add-on yet, Iā€™m working on HACP but Iā€™ve quite a lot of work on currently, so itā€™s a little slow going.

I will have an update soon, but Iā€™ve not got round to the auto detect function yet :frowning:

No ideas on timescales atm Iā€™m afraid.

3 Likes

No worries, thanks for the update. Iā€™ll probably have to go back to running the local file for the time being.

Really struggling with this add on!

Have configured config.yaml and cors.

HA is running on http://192.168.0.204:8123. Config.yaml configured with cors to permit http://192.168.0.204:7080. Still just getting repeatedly prompted for the correct URL.

Iā€™ve even configured cors with http://192.168.0.204:8123 (just to make sure Iā€™m not misunderstanding) but still the same behaviour.

Removed and reinstalled the add-on, same issue. Itā€™s quite confusing why its being so difficult.

Oddly enough, I donā€™t see any error messages in my log either showing any failed connections, even on trace, though they show that the addon started correctly.

Any pointers welcomed, failing which, I eagerly await your updated Add on :slight_smile:

Thanks once again.

1 Like

It might just be the auto detect logic which is making that step loop, rather than you actual settings. You could try clicking ā€˜Manual setupā€™, make sure all the settings are right and hit save. Reload the page and see if it connects. If it starts the wizard again or gives you an error connecting - go back to locally hosting it for now, but if it does work - please let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like