Community Hass.io Add-on: Paradox Alarm Interface

Ok, it seems that customizing an autodiscovered alarm control panel doesn’t work.
So my solution is to disable autodiscover in pai.conf (MQTT_HOMEASSISTANT_AUTODISCOVERY_ENABLE = False).
And create an MQTT Alarm Control Panel directly in HA config.

alarm_control_panel:
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "paradox/states/partitions/Lakas/current_state"
    command_topic: "paradox/control/partitions/Lakas"
    availability_topic: "paradox/interface/availability"
    name: "paradox_lakas"
    code: 12345
    code_disarm_required: true
    code_arm_required: false
    payload_disarm: "disarm"
    payload_arm_home: "arm_stay"
    payload_arm_away: "arm"
    payload_arm_night: "arm_sleep"
`

Does it work this way? If yes, then you need to create an issue that MQTT autodiscovered component attributes can not be overriden with customizations. It is definitely a bug then.

Yes, it works perfectly this way. Ok, I will do, thanks.

@jooka1978
Can you please tell me how to create the alarm panel for all partitions? I have 4 partitions but arming them one by one is not nice.
As far as i can understand, your alarm control panel is for a specific partion. I looked at the published topics in mqtt and i see all my 4 partitions, but no topic for the whole house.

Also, why when “arming home” the system starts a 30 sec countdown before arming if in babyware i set 0 seconds for stay arm ?

Thank you

I dont think that you can arm all the partitions in HA with a single lovelace alarm panel card.
In my case the other partition is a basement so it is always armed, so I don’t arm and disarm it with the house.
In your case I would create an automation for that. Display only 1 alarm panel on frontend, and if you arm/disarm that partition it could trigger the other partitions.
I am just a user, yozik04 might be able to help you with MQTT and babyware.

Thank you for the answer :slight_smile:

And the countdown and siren beeps while home arming are hard coded somewhere? i would really like to be able to instant home arm wihtout any delay…
i arm some parts of the house when i go to sleep, after midnight and the 30 sec siren chirping is waking kids up :rofl: Not to mention wife factor…

@Momo Look here: https://github.com/ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai/issues/132

No idea if it works or not, nobody reported back.

Just tried. does not work :frowning:

and this please: “And the countdown and siren beeps while home arming are hard coded somewhere? i would really like to be able to instant home arm wihtout any delay…” is it posible?

thank you

Check page 51 - bell squawk. Disable that via your keypad

Cheers:) Bell squawk was already turned off. But i found out where the problem was coming from. It was the Special Arm Exit Delay which i have set to 0 in babyware. Apparently 0 does not work. Setting it to 1 sec works :slight_smile:

1 Like

In EVO Exit Delay settings: 0 - means maximum delay (255 seconds I guess). 1 - is one second.

So this is how I hacked this error:
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 13] could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’

1. Connect a screen and keybard to your Raspberry PI running HassOS.
  2. Press Enter
  • You will see homeassistant login
  1. Login as root
  • You will see ha >
  1. Type in: login
  • You will see # (this means you are now on the HassOs Terminal as root)
  1. Type in: vi /etc/udev/rules.dev/paradox.rules
  2. Insert the following into the file by pressing i on your keyboard: SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0403”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“6001”, SYMLINK+=“paradox”, MODE=“0666”
  3. Press Esc
  4. Type in (note the : in front of wq): :wq
  5. Type in: cat paradox.rules
  • You should see SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0403”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“6001”, SYMLINK+=“paradox”, MODE=“0666” being displayed
  1. Reboot and your Paradox Addon should now be able to access /dev/ttyUSB0

Hi, first of I am new to HA and python. I installed PAI interfacing to an EVO192 version 6.9 and IP150 V4.4 connected to Paradox Gold site. It refused to connect with my IP 150 password, but was happy to connect using “paradox” ( I did change it.). I had something strange, It would load all the zones labels (64) and partition labels (4) but would only provide access to 43 zones in HA (and MQTT). I did get an error where it reported not recognizing an interface command but it did not stop processing. I had it running well up to a couple of days ago and now suddenly refuses to connect to the panel (via the SITE ID) Any ideas on these issues?

Do not use Site ID. Use Local connection. Maybe Paradox started to block these long connections.

Does anyone know if PAI supports Paradox Spectra EX series panels (e.g. 1728, 1738)?

Does not support.

Hi!

I have setup pai through the hassio add-on, everything works great and connection with IP150 (latest firmware, swan disabled) seems pretty stable.

The only issue I have is with the attributes that are being auto-discovered by home assistant.
For instance, in zones, I can only see the open state, but there are a bunch of other attributes (see below, i see them in mqtt explorer) that I can’t access (or don’t know how) through home assistant and that I need to trigger some automations. For example, some of my zones are wireless and I’d like to monitor the battery level so I can fire a notification when they are running low.

I have searched the web for hours and can’t seem to find anyone else who has the same issue, and from what I can recall (it was 4am and had been searching/trying settings non-stop since the day before…) some guys were able to see these attributes so I believe I have something wrong in my settings…

Here’s my Addon config:

LOGGING_FILE: null
LOGGING_LEVEL_CONSOLE: 20
LOGGING_LEVEL_FILE: 40
LOGGING_DUMP_PACKETS: false
LOGGING_DUMP_MESSAGES: false
LOGGING_DUMP_STATUS: false
LOGGING_DUMP_EVENTS: false
CONNECTION_TYPE: IP
SERIAL_PORT: /dev/ttyUSB0
SERIAL_BAUD: 9600
IP_CONNECTION_HOST: XXXXXXX
IP_CONNECTION_PORT: 10010
IP_CONNECTION_PASSWORD: paradox
IP_CONNECTION_SITEID: null
IP_CONNECTION_EMAIL: null
IP_CONNECTION_PANEL_SERIAL: null
IP_CONNECTION_BARE: false
LIMITS:
  partition:
  pgm: []
  door: []
  bus-module: []
  repeater: []
  keypad: []
SYNC_TIME: false
PASSWORD: XXXXXXX
MQTT_ENABLE: true
MQTT_HOST: core-mosquitto
MQTT_PORT: 1883
MQTT_USERNAME: XXXXXXX
MQTT_PASSWORD: XXXXXXX
MQTT_RETAIN: true
MQTT_BIND_ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1
MQTT_BIND_PORT: 0
MQTT_HOMEASSISTANT_AUTODISCOVERY_ENABLE: true
POWER_UPDATE_INTERVAL: 60
PUSH_POWER_UPDATE_WITHOUT_CHANGE: true
PUSH_UPDATE_WITHOUT_CHANGE: true
IP_INTERFACE_ENABLE: true

Any thoughts?

oh and by the way, KUDOS to the ones who built this integration, you guys are god.

already discussed on gitter

Hello,

no question is stupid question, so here goes.

I have issue limiting my users in configuration, I have:
User: Master 001, Host 002, User 003, Host 004, User 005, User 006… goes to User 256.

I believe I only need Master 001 user.

My LIMITS configuration looks like this:

LIMITS:
  door: []
  pgm: []
  bus-module: []

I tried to add (in no specific order, I’ll paste all my user: tries in one block):

user: range(1, 5)
  user: Master 001
  user: 'range(1, 5)'
  user: range(1,5)
  user: 'range(1,5)'

All of these lines break my configuration and addon will not connect to my Paradox.
Without it, no issue, apart from occasional " No handler for message 5" which according to Gitter is no biggie.

Can anyone please help me with correct formatting?
Any help will be greatly appreciated by virtual hugs and kisses.

Edit: found it, for future noobs like myself

user:

Can I periodically push system time to my panel, I see it updated when the panel connected the first time. My panel loses around 2 minutes an hour…