Compact Custom Header

Nope, I am :slight_smile: .

Default tab is currently ignoring redirects and I’ll change that soon, but I also like the idea of a template option.

Nobody’s perfect!
I’ll wait for the fix.
GV

Upgraded to the latest version of CCH last night using HACS.
The CCH settings work on my Admin user, disabled tabs to test and it works.

But when I add an exception for a user, nothing happens. User case-sensitive or not, still not working. Cleared Safari and Chrome browser caches, still not working. Browsers are on the most recent versions.
I tried it on four computers (3 Windows 10 and a Mac) still not working.

I deleted and re-created exception still not working for this user. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I need to start insisting that issues be posted to the GitHub page. Issues posted in a forum thread are difficult to track/follow and by filling out the issue template I will get all the info I need.

Please, post the issue there and fill out as much of the template as you can:

https://github.com/maykar/compact-custom-header/issues/new/choose

This will be the post that I link to for issues posted in this thread moving forward. I have updated the first post to reflect this as well. This will make it much easier for me to track and fix issues. Thanks!

2 Likes

Is there a simple way to link a custom panel_iframe to a header button instead of the sidebar?

Not with CCH, but there are multiple ways to make buttons in Lovelace that navigate to URLs (entity-button-card, the custom button-card, picture elements, etc).

Here’s a couple of posts about it. I imagine you could just replace the “view” urls with panel url

Off-topic… sorry…

How about a view (in panel mode) with a single iframe card?

2 Likes

After your suggestion I wanted to play around a bit and was searching around as I couldn’t get it to fill to the full view height. Then I came across this post (looks like they’ve been down this road).

If I figure something out I’ll let you know @raul

1 Like

@mayker thank you. That post is actually me as well. I’m going to continue playing with it myself, but I think it’s a limitation of the iframe card itself and how it sets the top padding.

Ah that makes sense. Didn’t realize there was currently a CSS config option you had to keep support for.

I’ve been using the beta and it’s been working great for me! Can’t wait for the release.

That is what I tried already:post.

I cannot get the card to span the full height of the window reliably when it is resized. Looking at the card I do not think it will be possible without using card-mod or rewriting the card itself. iframe-card

Before I got too deep I checked here, since it doesn’t seem all that crazy for someone to want to link a sidebar item in the header and thought it might have been attempted already…

Install lovelace-card-mod and give this a try:

cards:
      - type: iframe
        style: |
          #root {
            height: calc(100vh - 48.5px);
            padding-top: 0 !important;
          }
        url: https://REDACTED/

48.5px is the height of the header after being compacted by CCH. You might need to play with padding.

2 Likes

@mayker That appears to work! Thank you.

1 Like

I’m hiding all but one view (irrigation, view #6) for my gardener’s log in.

When I log in with that account I see view #0 in the main panel even though only one view icon (irrigation, #6) is available on the header.

I’ve tried setting view #6 as the default for this account but there was no change to this behaviour.

Have you tried the latest beta? It includes a fix for default tab, full release coming this/next week with a few new features added. One of those new features will enhance default tab as well.

Ooh I am going to try this very soon. It will make me very happy I am sure.

A big :+1: as this will make my setup a lot more stable/usable.

Thank you

I really thought I was keeping up with all of the recent changes but alas, my header no longer shrinks down to a single row of icons. I’ve stared at this config for a while now and I just can’t seem to figure out what I’m missing. Could someone take a peek at my config and let me know what, if anything, in my configuration would cause the full header to appear? I’m running HA 0.98.2 with CCH 1.3.1 (because Custom Updater wont grab CCH 1.3.6?).

cch:
  #main_config: true
  header: false
  compact_header: true
  options: show
  chevrons: true
  menu: show
  active_tab_color: rgb(181, 142, 49)
  tab_indicator_color: rgb(181, 142, 49)
  exceptions:
    - conditions:
        user_agent: Macintosh
      config:
        #hide_tabs: 9 to 17
        voice: false
    - conditions:
        user: kiosk
      config:
        show_tabs: 24
        notifications: hide
        swipe: true
        swipe_wrap: true
        swipe_animate: swipe
        swipe_prevent_default: true
        swipe_amount: 20
        default_tab: 24
        kiosk_mode: true
    - conditions:
        user_agent: iPad
      config:
        show_tabs: 0 to 7, 21 to 26
    - conditions:
        user_agent: iPhone
      config:
        show_tabs: 8 to 17, 21, 22, 23
        menu: hide
        options: hide

Few things:

• Custom updater is essentially depreciated. It seems to have issues with anything past CCH 1.3.1. I believe this is because the editor file was removed. This is not something I will fix and you should either install manually or with HACS for the latest versions (and you should as some of the features you use in your config were fixed since then).
  • voice: false is not a valid config option, should be voice: hide
  • All items pertaining to the notifications button should be removed as it no longer exists in the latest HA.

I’ve modified your config below to fix issues mentioned above, remove options that were the default settings, and I moved the swipe options to the main config so that you don’t need to repeat the same options for every exception. When something isn’t set in an exception then the main config option is used.

Install the latest version of CCH and if you’re still having issues please fill out an issue template on github.

cch:
  chevrons: true
  active_tab_color: rgb(181, 142, 49)
  tab_indicator_color: rgb(181, 142, 49)
  voice: hide
  exceptions:
    - conditions:
        user_agent: Macintosh
      config:
        #hide_tabs: 9 to 17
    - conditions:
        user: kiosk
      config:
        show_tabs: 24
        default_tab: 24
        kiosk_mode: true
    - conditions:
        user_agent: iPad
      config:
        show_tabs: 0 to 7, 21 to 26
    - conditions:
        user_agent: iPhone
      config:
        show_tabs: 8 to 17, 21, 22, 23
        menu: hide
        options: hide

I forgot tot mention the beta version is working perfectly for the default view setting. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, @mayker. I really appreciate your time. It’s all working again.

1 Like