Compact Custom Header

That is what I would like to do but I don’t know how to programmatically refresh the page. How have you done this?

Several different ways to do what you are asking, but automations with scripts is probably the simplest route. You can check my repo HERE as everything, but my LL yaml is pretty current and you can always catch me on Discord lovelace channel if you need help (just tag me).

1 Like

Hi,

Just curious, is it possible to hide specific Lovelace UI Entity Card using this config?

For example: User 1 can only see Entity Card 1 (Light 1), while User 2 can only see Entity Card 2 (Light 2).

Thanks.

@jimz011 Swipe for notifications sounds cool, will work on it.

@lukenn I’m not sure if that is functionality that I’d add, but I will think on it.

@jerrychong25 config-template-card is much better suited for changing a single card in a view depending on user. Using CCH for this would change the entire view instead.

Alternatively you can use a state switch card made by thomas loven.

2 Likes

Means that config-template can change one of the single card views/remove some cards, while remain all other cards unchanged?

Cool! Will look into it.

Yes, both state-switch & config-template-card can do that

1 Like

Hi,

I would like to check is it possible to adjust the height of the top bar as I like?

11%20PM

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing!

The height is not adjustable.

Noted and thanks.

Thank you ! I finally had time to apply your theme. It looks really great !

Hi,
Regarding conditional styling, is it possible to use the applied theme as a trigger ?
For instance, if style AAAAA is applied, I want such header color, if style BBBBB is applied I want another header color. The theme does not appear in the entity list …
Thanks for your help
Mat

Would it be possible to center icons in the header? Or have one specific icon (say: the home view icon) in the middle so that the rest can build around it?

@mat44150 Why not just add CCH styling to those themes? CCH theme variables

@jimz011 No, this wouldn’t play nice when you have more tabs that can fit in the header and need to scroll through tabs.

HI can you please help with the following error on the log
2019-05-29 15:25:23 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201905140] https://xxxxxx/local/compact-custom-header.js?v=0:1:8 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected string

Exactly what I thought. Well its not that bad currently:

I disabled ‘lovelace-swipe-navigation’ and added ‘swipe’ feature to CCH but swipe navigation between views is not working.

What am I missing?

- type: custom:compact-custom-header
    main_config: true
    menu: overflow
    clock_date: true
    options: clock
    voice: hide
    clock_format: 12
    header: true
    swipe_animate: fade
    swipe: true
    active_tab_color: rgb(181, 142, 49)
    tab_indicator_color: rgb(181, 142, 49)

# - url: /local/custom-lovelace/maykar/lovelace-swipe-navigation.js??v=1.0.0
  #   type: js
  #- url: /customcards/github/maykar/lovelace-swipe-navigation.js?track=true
  #  type: js

@mclaudiopt What device/browser are you using?

@sbmlat That all looks good (except for swipe-nav being listed twice in your resources, if they were both uncommented), maybe refresh/clear cache?