Companion app for iOS 2024.1: CarPlay is here!

Great, LIKE!
THX so much !
Easy to be configured, works well.

What I miss within the first minute I started to configure it:
→ Status via Icon and/or color like on my usual Home Assistant UI.
Alternatively could I send a “closed” / “opened” notification to the CarPlay as soon the action finished?

THX for your Guidance
CyberHome (CyberCar)

1 Like

Sorry, stopped using it because of SECURITY issues it caused
(at least in my environment). NEED HELP.

Problemcase: I pushed the “Garage” button in Home Assitsant via CarPlay. The cycle started and turned and turned … and stopped turning.

• Recogniced that the VPN Tunnel to my Home was not switched on (iPhone).
  • After switching the VPN to on, the garage door opened, while I not pushed the button again.
    Problem: If your connection comes back the events are fired still :frowning: Surprise !

Hints how to prevent this behavior, especially while there is no status view (see above).

… until I’ll use my Alexa via BMW OS8… (looks not as cool but doesn’t need a VPN or a Touch and works pritty well :slight_smile: ).

I’m new to HA but started using it mainly to get the Carplay functionality. I have it working to close my garage via myQ/IFTTT (wish I could open too!), and arming and disarming my ring alarm.

I want to be able to display status of the door and alarm in carplay as well, but haven’t figured out how.

So, I have a feature request (not sure where to officially submit those):
It would be nice in IOS actions to be able to optionally specify a single state to be displayed in the action. so the same button that I use to operate the door could have open or closed icons showing state, or the ring alarm could have the various shield icons indicating current state.

Anyway, loving HA! how to specify values in automations and actions is pretty confusing for a bad amateur programmer like me, but the “billion monkeys theory” applies!

1 Like