Companion app for iOS 2024.5: Let me Assist you šŸŽ

This is awesome and I think exactly what I am hoping for.

before I was able to your ā€œHĆ© Siri Assistā€ but still the Speach to text part was handled by Siri. For some reason this broke but in the end I want it to run locally.

I think the the article could use some links to guidelines about how to setup whisper(maybe piper) and assist.

All in the video is cool but if you are new to voice control you wouldnā€™t know where to start

There you go!

1 Like

Thank you for all updates and improvements :+1:

I have added the widget to my lock screen. When i click the widget it does not open assist it just opens HA.

Do i need to configure something?

1 Like

Have you used Assist before? If you go to home assistant settings and tap ā€œvoice assistantsā€, do you see one configured? Besides that you can press and hold the widget then tap ā€œeditā€ widget to choose which pipeline you want to use

Thanks for you answer.

For it would be really nice if I could receive notifications on my Carplay device.
Get a notification when somebody is at the door, the Alarm goes off, or many other notification you want to be notified when on the road.

Should I issue a feature request for this ?

Thanks,
Rien

Love that thereā€™s a CarPlay app, but one thing that I think is missing is the ability to pin an entity or something for quick access. Ideally it would be great if the actions buttons could show a status, that would solve the problem.

My use case is to have a guest mode switch that is easily accessible each time I get in my car in case I forget to turn it on before leaving. Currently I have an action for it that runs an automation that toggles it, but I canā€™t see what state itā€™s in currently. I would have to go to the areas or the control tab, find the right area, or go into the switches and then scroll until I find the right one.

1 Like

How to use the custom command to launch assist without touching the phone like shown here?

Can not find anything in the documentation.

Same question from me. Cannot find anything!

Itā€™s a workaround using accessibility feature ā€œvoice controlā€

Settings >> search for voice control >> commands >> custom

1 Like

Yes please

Hi Bruno,

For me on Apple watch is working fine at home with local network but outside itā€™s working good too on my iphone but not in apple watch I just see a circle with a cross inside when I try to launch an action.

Iā€™ll try tomorrow on carplay.

regards

Filou

I merged a fix for that Apple Watch behavior last week itā€™s on our current beta 2024.5.1, coming to the store soon

1 Like

Since this update Assist donā€™t work anymore, the listen icon is there but there is no text in the screen,

Logger: homeassistant.components.cloud.stt
Bron: components/cloud/stt.py:120
integratie: Home Assistant Cloud (documentatie, problemen)
Eerst voorgekomen: 11:57:45 (4 gebeurtenissen)
Laatst gelogd: 12:01:07

Voice error: Error processing nl-NL speech: 400 Invalid HTTP request.

There are several issues related to this:

It seems something in 2024.5 is broken. Iā€™m running a 6th Gen iPad with iPadOS 17.5.1 - The iPad is always on and HA is the only app Iā€™ve installed and use.

When it has been sitting for a while and I tap a new dashboard page it hangs and doesnā€™t fully render the page. I either have to wait 1-2min or force quit and re-open. When I force quit and re-open everything works as expected and I can navigate through pages.

Let me know what additional details I can provide

This is now resolved, awesome work!

1 Like

I really wish this was documented somewhere more obvious - I was trying to use the the ā€œAssist Buttonā€ shortcut that was shared previously and was confused why it wasnā€™t working/giving me the new interface.

Hi Bruno,

Iā€™m on 2024.5.1 now and distant access from apple watch donā€™t work.
When I use an automation from my Iphone itā€™s working but not when I launch it from my apple watch linked to my phone by bluetooth.
On local network both are working.

regards

Not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong.
I enabled double tap on the back of my phone.
Then my iPhone starts listening.
Afterwards a checkbox appears. The phone vibrates and nothing happens.
My phone is in Dutch while HA is fully configured in English.
Could that be a problem?

Hey @bgoncal , would it also be possible to bring Assist to the Apple Watch? This would make using Assist even more convenient :blush: