Companion App for iOS 2024.9: Getting ready for iOS 18

Super buggy right now unfortunately in my experience.

Couldn’t choose an icon for the script, it would load list of icons then t just kept saying “couldn’t load” after scrolling even though app was open in background. It then didn’t let me add a script at all unless the app was opened. I’m used to iOS actions so gonna have to migrate them all soon I guess to keep it up to date.

Thanks for the clarification and for the great work on the app! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heads up:
I’m preparing v2024.9.1 with some fixes for scripts and scenes controls, tinted widgets and Assist on older Apple Watches.

Fixes:

1 Like

Please this is important
Do permission for not admin user.
Because now if user is not admin he can get all scripts and automation, its not good.
Like CarPlay user not admin can do all on the system.
Please please fixing that issues.
Thanks for your great job

1 Like

iOS and iPadOS. Different Versions (17.6.1 and below), different devices (Phone 11, 13, 15 and Pad 2021, 2023 and older Pro).

It’s not only a client feature to build.

Thanks for your quick response!

1. ah now I get it. Now I have an issue that the color of the control doesn’t match the actual state of the light. It seems long tap is causing this inconsistency.

2. in the screenshot I see it should show in the right top, but I see the time there. But would be good indeed to clarify that.

3. Three items are defined here: Home-Assistant-Config/packages/ios/zonnescherm.yaml at 0be6486e4e66b9683947b76e8670686ebbb01f8a · golles/Home-Assistant-Config · GitHub
    On the widgets, they show correctly (except the extra large one on Mac), on the watch the text color is always white.

Please make the modular widget available for the Modular Ultra so the users of the ultra watches can have home assistant on their home screen as well!

Thanks for this! I like the idea of moving away from iOS actions to scripts. Naturally I tired that but run into a little problem. The customisation of icon colour and background doesn’t want to work. I want brown icon which I select from the menu and black background with white text. I save but the icon reverts to black. Anyone else experience that on apple watch.

1 Like

This PR has a screenshot with minimum font size, default font size and max font size using Apple watch text size picker. Let me know if this is an improvement to you.

1 Like

My PR above will also solve this issue

2 Likes

I don’t own an Apple watch (precisely because of its tiny text sizes), I was talking about the lack of dynamic type in the HA iOS App.

But to answer your question: Yes, this sure looks like a big improvement, it would be great to see this make its way into the iOS App!

The iOS App is mainly a webview presenting the HA web UI, so the App can’t control font sizes inside of it, you can try “page zoom” as an alternative solution (Companion app settings >> general >> page zoom)

Yeah I have the same issue. really annoying.

1 Like

Can one of you send a quick screen recording showing the behavior?

1 Like

Sure! But it won’t allow me to upload a video. Maybe DM a location to upload the video.

You can host anywhere you prefer, like google drive

@bgoncal

Try this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BE2tGsgmBog-QErefCLgGUl2SsQHK3Rg/view?usp=drivesdk

Forgot that I was listening to music at the same time. :joy:

Ok, it’d be up to the page loaded into the Webview (the HA-Core UI I guess?) to set the appropriate CSS. I did this myself in the past with an app that was also just a Webview and it worked great. Any chance you could pass the message to the appropriate team at Nabu Casa? :sweat_smile:

See e.g.: How to support Apple's dynamic type in your web content with CSS - DEV Community