Companion App for iOS 2024.9: Getting ready for iOS 18

Forgot that I was listening to music at the same time. :joy:

Ok, it’d be up to the page loaded into the Webview (the HA-Core UI I guess?) to set the appropriate CSS. I did this myself in the past with an app that was also just a Webview and it worked great. Any chance you could pass the message to the appropriate team at Nabu Casa? :sweat_smile:

See e.g.: How to support Apple's dynamic type in your web content with CSS - DEV Community

Wow, I should have read your second message and turned my speaker volume down hahaha

Quick question, did you hit save or back after changing the icon color? Does any other color works?

Please open a feature request to frontend, I could forward your request but this can easily lost track, please use home assistant community for the feature request and follow up.

If you want you can send me the link of your feature request and I can forward to frontend devs.

I just released in App Store, it should be available in a few moments

Sure, here we go: Support dynamic type on iOS (Web & App)

It’d be awesome if you could forward it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did hit save. It’s with all colours and even different scripts. I recreated all my iOS actions this morning to scripts.

There is a reset button at the bottom of the screen, can you try to reset and start over? I can’t reproduce this issue on my side

Hello @bgoncal I just installed the update v2024.9.1. It has fixed the problem with the script, great! However, in the control panel, I still can’t operate the assistant; it does nothing when I click on it, but it does work via the widget. Is this already known to you? Thanks in advance for this great update!

Did you configure the Assist control? when in edit mode, tap on it to choose your Assist pipeline

1 Like

Same issue. Still the same with icons.

Also I deleted the automations in home assistant that are related to the actions. But the actions still appear. Even after I reset configuration. And restart HA

When I put a script in the control center, I get an option to enable confirmation. However this doesn’t seem to do anything. I can only see confirmation mentioned in regards to the apple watch news. Is it not supposed to be possible to have confirmation in the regular control center or is it a bug that it’s not working?

Those are 2 different things, Apple Watch has a “confirmation required before run”, control center has “confirmation notification after run”

Weird, must be some issue while updating your watch app, reboot your watch and reinstall HA app on it to see if it shows up

1 Like

You need to delete the actions itself not only their automations

Thanks for this fantastic update! :partying_face:
@bgoncal, one question: are “switch” entities in roadmap for future releases?
It would be great to have switch control besides lights.

@bgoncal

I was able to remove the iOS actions as they were coded in the configuration.yaml file.

However the icon colour issue still persists and I tried on my wife’s phone and the same issue. Set the colour and save and still shows black.

After watched video that @wgumaa provided. I confirmed it is the same issue I faced. Even re-install the Home Assistant app version 2024.9.1 on my Apple Watch running on watchOS 11 and iPhone 15 pro running on iOS 18 and hit the reset button to start over configure, nothing has been changed. I notice when change the icon or background color to default blue or default green, both of them respect the color change, but when change both of them to default orange or default yellow or custom color, the color is always switched back to black.

1 Like

@khuntop never thought about those colours, so I tried and confirm your findings.

Almost same setup. Latest watchOS and iOS. Both on iPhone 14pro and 12pro.

1 Like

Great update for iOS companion app, thank you a lot guys. This way one do not need to go into homebridge in order to have icons on control screen. so directly from Home Assistant, thats nice.

One question: how to use new “location permission category” and what is it useful for?