Companion sensors not updating

Yesterday i migrated my HA server.
Everything is working except the sensors from our smartphones.
We both have a52’s. Everything was working before.

Now the sensors only update when we open the app

• we both have local and remote access.
    Update frequency is 15 min our immediately when charging (charging sensor gives immediate update)

• HA is allow ti work in the background

I alsof tried delering the apps.
Delering all info in HA and reinstalled the apps.

Can somebody help me with this?
Have been searching a while dat but i can’t figure out the problem.

Sounds like something for corrupted some how try the start fresh steps

I deleted the cache and they info.
Deleted the device in HA.
Restarted
Reconfiguerd the app.

When i check the history of the geolocation it checks out.
It follows the path i have taken.

But when i arrive at home my zone doesn’t update.
But when i open my app the zone updates immediately.

you probably still have not granted enough background permissions, Samsung likes to add more battery saving things so you’ll need dig deep into device settings and look for things to disable for the app if you have already granted background access. I tihnk they like to use terminology like Power Saving too.

1 Like
  • Data saver is off
  • app isn’ t allowed to put to sleep
  • power Saver is off.

Like i said.
Geolocation is updated, battery is updated.
Zone isn’t.
Sometimes we arrived at home, my zone is updated and my wife is still away after half an hour.

Same phone (both a52), same settings

first check all these points here:

Then if the issue still persists check the companion app logs to see if any events are skipped due to accuracy issues. If so you may need to adjust accuracy settings.

I checked the logs.
My location gets updated. (Location update sent succesfully as exact)

And like i said. The location gets updated.
But the zone isn’t

Also found.

• Received geofence update
  • begin evaluating of location update should be skipped.

But then again.
My zone gets updated when i open the app.
I open the app to check the logs

I am also experiencing this issue, but not just location. Applies to other sensors too (Phone state)

Recently migrated to new hardware. Used to work fine before.

Have tried clearing all app data and starting again.

Related topic at:

Solved my issue with HA iOS companion app not updating sensors.

In my case, I use the battery % to turn off a charger. I have created an automation on the iPhone using the “Shortcuts” app to trigger the HA sensors update when the battery hits 100%. Works like a charm - my HA automation that is triggered by the phone battery level now triggers correctly all the time.

Apparently, some developer added that call to update sensors on the iOS HA app so we can force that on purpose. It overcomes the iOS version updates and all that stuff that can break the automations.

Hope it helps.

I have a similar problem. Samsung S22, Android 14. HA Core 2024.2.2, HA Supervisor 2024.01.1. I have an automation setup that turns off some lights when my phone Battery State changes from discharging to charging. This used to work without any problems. Now the automation only runs if I start the HA app on my phone. The automation used to run as soon as my phone started charging, there was no need to open the app.

Solved - in the HA app - Settings - Companion App - Background Access - Enable

It doesn’t work with the companion app. I’m giving a try with the iCloud integration. Hope this will be working.