Complex HVAC control advice

So I am getting some ductless heatpumps installed in our house to SUPPLEMENT the current heat system (oil boiler baseboard heat) and provide AC.

I plan to control the heatpumps using esphome with Climate IR. I can control each zone of the hydronic system via ecobees for each of the zones.

One issue is I did not get enough heatpumps to fully cover my 2nd floor, ie the bathrooms. The setup is 1 heatpump in each of the 2nd bedrooms, 1 heatpump covering the entire basement. (No heatpump on the 1st floor just no good way that would pass wife approval also don’t really need AC on that floor) Each floor has its own zone on the boiler so I can independently control those.

My issue is I want to controls to not be complex for end users but while still meeting the following requirements.

1. Heat with Heat pumps if outside temp. is above XX value.
  2. Heat with Boiler if the bathrooms temperature is below XX value.
  3. Heat Pump and Boiler both follow the same temp setting. IE I dont want to have multiple places to set the thermostat.

My current thought is to create a Generic TStat for each zone to allow me to set the target temps. And just have the actions tied to dummy switches. Then put all of the control logic into NodeRed. Biggest issue I see with this is the ecobees are not that great (cloud interface), I may end up replacing all of them with my own esphome system.