Component for Bring! Shopping List

Thanks, now it works :slight_smile:

I am not able to change the status of a product.
Is there any way through the API or Lovelace UI?

Holy thread revivial Batman!
So, I have;

• created the files in custom components
  • created folder www/custom-lovelace/ and placed the file in there
  • added to my configuration.yaml as per dotKRAD two posts up

When I try to add a card via lovelace GUI I have no card…?
I should aslo note that I did not have the custom-lovelace folder but did have a community folder in www - funnily enough, the three in there (dual guage, spotify, calendar) are also missing from the GUI.

Can someone point me in the right direction…?

Sorry,
Dave the n00b.

Ignore me. I’m an idiot. Moved lovelace to yaml.

Hi … i would like to add the Bring list. Sorry for my noob question (i’m new in HA).

Could you may help me. I did the steps from the above post. Now i got:

Component Error: bring_shopping_list - Integration "bring shopping list" not found

Custom element doesn’t exist: bring-shopping-list-card.

Thx

Hi
after struggling some hours with the card integration the lists are now shown in my lovelace-ui but there is no click action and I don’t see the recently items. is this a known limitation or do I’ve configure something more?
BR Stefan

And additional for iobroker there is a node API: https://github.com/foxriver76/node-bring-api/blob/b91e35e6aa297c58c560e919d85192da3180e9b7/lib/bring.js maybe this helps to develop it further?
BR Stefan

Sorry guys, I had to stop the develop of this component, cause I’m really busy at the moment.
@stefankumli you can show the recent items in the card, setting show_recents: true

currently there are no click actions, just showing the items in the list
Hope can continue developing it as soon as possible

1 Like

I have made a “gadget” to add products to the Bring! app.
Link…

3 Likes

This is great work - please do keep it up. As original post, this is one of the most popular apps for shopping lists, so be awesome to have a slick integration in home assistant!

Hello guys

I managed to install this via HACS, it seems everything is setup fine, but when I add the card to the UI I have this:

I copied and pasted the config as it is shown in the github page, but there’s no way to get this working. I double checked the list IDs as well. What could be wrong ?

Never mind. It turned out the repository from Hacs was not loading properly. Restarted Home Assistant and everything started working fine.

Man, really no way to develop? It is a great project, would be nice to add click actions

I’m trying to add https://github.com/vlebourl/shopping_list as a custom repository in HACS, but nothing happens. I can add other custom repositories. Are there errors with the Bring custom integration that are not compatible with the current HA version?

1 Like

here with me unfortunately exactly the same … I can not really find an alternative

Just FYI if you haven’t figured it out yourself:
It looks like this is caused by the archiving of the repo.
I forked it and afterwards I could add my fork to HACS and use the integration successfully.

Actually I’ve started with intitial configuration of Bring! Integration just recently and I was able to add GitHub - vlebourl/shopping_list: A custom implementation of Shopping List that syncs with Bring Shopping List as new repository via HACS even if it has been set to archived.

1 Like

This looks super cool, however it doesn’t work for me… After installing the integration I get to the UI, then when I need to type in my bring username and password, I then get an error “Unknown error occurred”
I’m sure the list IDs are correct, I inspected their site, did what was shown in a previous post here.

The error in the log is:

File "/config/custom_components/bring_shopping_list/config_flow.py", line 55, in async_step_user
    return await self._show_select_list_form(api=api)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/bring_shopping_list/config_flow.py", line 80, in _show_select_list_form
    lists = await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(api.loadLists)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/bring_shopping_list/api.py", line 104, in loadLists
    userSettings = next(
                   ^^^^^
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Alternatively, this component works fine:

but it integrates with the existing hass shopping list and it’s quite limited (I like the option of having pictures for the items, like in the first component, the design is much better).

@dotKrad Any News of your Integration?
I have Installed both via HACS, Integration Login and YAML Login dont work, Card not tested because sensors not available (missing login)

try this

4 Likes