Components that can break whole setup

Had problems configuring HA for some time. All of a sudden either postgres or mysql (tried both) would stop logging and break up with no warnings in the log. Sometimes an error like connection timed out was reported.

My HA couldn’t run for more than 3 days in a row without restarting. Freezes or breaking out of other components (nmap, ping and others were failing with one error or another).

Than all of a sudden i have seen a post on github HA issues about Web OS Tv opening too many connections and not closing them. Checked with lsof - confirmed - disabled. And all i can say. All the problems are gone. Running for more than 10 days without a hitch.

With such a rapid development of HA - maybe it’s a good idea to introduce beta flags for components? So newcomers like myself won’t be driven away from HA when things start falling appart because the component wasn’t tested enough or issues on github were reported?

Glad you finally managed to figure it out. Can you update your original post so people searching can see a solution?

I think I shall see if I can create a sensor for monitoring this, as it hasn’t been on my radar for possible failures.

The only solution is see is disabling the component and probably marking it as “broken”. Not a tech guy so cannot fix it by myself.
With 611 components already implemented… I see a big issue with them breaking hass like i’ve mentioned. Definetly need a stable/beta/broken flag