Con edison smart meter intergration

@chintito4ever - Thanks for posting this. That’s interesting that you were able to change the authentication using a different browser/platform. I only tried Firefox on Windows and assumed it was something about my account.

Also, do you have just an electric meter, or do you also have a gas meter?

I’ve been unable to get the sensors with current usage to come up. I get an exception because the gas account doesn’t support hourly aggregation. Sebmaster (on Github), who added the ConEd support only has an electric meter, so it works for him.

I’m getting both electric and gas data in the sensors. Note there are some related PRs pending for HA that address the different time resolution between electric and gas, etc.

That is scheduled to be in 2023.8.3 on 8/17.

I found the bug that was causing the electricity forecast data not to be populated, which kept the sensors from showing up.

So now I have sensor.current_bill_electric_* and sensor.typical_monthly_electric_*

I’m not seeing a forecast response for the gas meter/account. If @blando is getting gas sensors, I’ll have to dig into it a bit more.

Also, I’ve yet to see my consumptions sensors actually update without me reloading the integration or restarting Home Assistant.

Currently I only have electric meter with ConEd, my gas utility company is different.

yeah I’m also seeing similar behavior. It only updates if I manually restart Home Assistant.

Ok thanks. Since I know it’s not just me, I’ll try to dig into it and see what I can find.

I’m using this for increased logging, but I’ve also had to edit the opower module’s opower.py to see the responses. The scattered logging selectors is an attempt to catch the changing component names depending on how the component/integration got loaded.

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    custom_components.opower: debug
    homeassistant.components.opower: debug
    opower: debug
    opower.py: debug

This is what I’m presently seeing:

I have the officially supported version and I’m experiencing the same issue. It stops updating and if I do not restart home assistant or reload the integration within about 24 hours it starts showing 0. Seems really broken :disappointed:.

1 Like