Conbee II better then Raspbee?

I am using Raspbee in a raspberry pi for couple of months now and I must say that the connection between the devices isn’t great. Is the conbee II stick better or the same? Did someone used both and can explain which one is better?

I’ve been using RaspBee for over 2 years at this point and it always worked perfectly.

Have you tried to change the channel?

I don’t think a ConBee is gonna help a lot, for sure being outside the RPi case it will have less obstruction, but that’s it.

I went with Conbee as it gave me the option of using a USB extension. my Conbee is now raised up 50cm above my pi which resulted in it reaching a bulb directly where it previously needed to bounce off another node.
Also it lets me swap away from my PI easily when/if I get bored and have the money spare.

You could be right, maybe it s a range issue.
I did test 2 different channels and still no help. It looses connection all the time.

I also use a Conbee with an extension - can confirm moving it away from the Pi did help my range also.

Real bodge job, but could you not get Male>female breadboard cables to make your own extension for your Raspbee? (I’m presuming it connects to the GPIO?)

Can i extend the zigbee mesh if i plug couple of wireless ikea control outlets and solve some of range issues?

Yes that should work. I have that in my setup, but I use zigbee2mqtt.

Yup, but some of the xiaomi sensors dont seem to like these… they still go direct to the stick.

How about the Xiaomi aqara sensors?