Conbee II Disconnecting and Reconnecting

Thanks for your help with this! I was able to confirm the issues was Windows.

1 Like

@ThaiCurry I’m having the same (intermittent) issue, and also have it installed in a VM in VirtualBox on Windows 10.

How did you confirm it was Windows, and what was the issue?

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this. I ended up buying a Raspberry Pi and just using that. It worked flawlessly on there.

I have this issue with my conbee 2 and raspberry pi 4. Am I the only one?
I experience an intermittent disconnection of conbee

I am using a Raspberry Pi 4 and I am not having any issues.

I am having the same issue here…I am new to HA and I used VM on windows 10 as well. It was running fine and i have the device set up. And one night I hit the upgrade button to new HA core 118 and went to bed. The next morning, I am not able to see all the zigbee device. I have tried re-install everything but not working, try using a different extension cable or different USB port in the back of the PC, did not work either.

I am able to get it to work again if plug the combee 2 into the USB-3 in the front of the PC, which I am very relutant to do because my PC case has a lid over the front USB ports and it does not look good to have something stick out like that…

It seems to me that somehow the device does not like the USB ports after the reset, may be a corrupted memory or something?

I have googled it and it seems that a lot of people is having the same issue…

I’m having the same issue with constant reconnecting. Anybody else find solutions?

1 Like

I had this same issue and here was my solution. I am running HA on VirtualBox via Windows 10. I set up the Conbee ii and several devices in mere minutes. All worked well for a few hours then the random connect / disconnect started. Ba bing, bah boomph…very annoying.

I found my solution in Virtualbox, not Windows. Under the Virtualbox usb settings where you select your Conbee ii to add to the virtual server(HA host) there is only usb 1.0 option available. You need usb 2.0 option, but it is not showing. You can get this by installing the correct Virtualbox extension pack for your version IE: 6.1.18 (make sure they match !!). After installing the extension pack go back to the usb settings in virtualbox for your HA and select usb 2.0, save and then close down virtualbox. Power off the computer(not restart), and power back on. Also I had the Conbee ii plugged in during all of this. Once rebooted the disconnect/reconnect should be gone.

Virtualbox Extension Packs

I spent hours researching. Many people have this issue and on Git for conbee ii there are lots of questions and few solutions besides the extension cable reply and interference.

Hope this helps someone out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you! For some reason this works. Must be the part where you shut down and power on while the conbee 2 is connected because mine was doing the disconnect even when I had the extension and USB 2.0 enabled.

Hey FWIW this worked for me as well. Thanks a lot!