ConBee II getting lost from the system

I am running Deconz inside a docker containers, running on a Debian VM on Proxmox. The Conbee device is passed trough from Proxmox to the VM and then to the phoscon docker container. This works most of the time, but around once a month I face the issue of deconz not being able to detect the ConBee gateway.

Inside the VM i can see the device with lsusb, but the container is not able to detect it. The only way to solve it is to restart the VM, which is a pain in the ass as it’s running a lot of services so it takes a lot of time to shutdown and start back up everything. i’d rather found the reason why is this happening (its definitely not because of new phoscon container releases)

1 Like

Exactly the same issue. A sort of workaround is to attach the usb in your docker configuration by-id. So basically /device/serial/by-id/Dresdenblabla.

This resolved the issue for 90% of the time; however i feel there should be a better solution…

1 Like

@paradoxcydal can you please advise how do i find the serial id of my conbee? currently i have it mounted as /dev/ttyACM0

edit: took a look into- /dev/serial/by-id/ and theres a file called usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2256470-if00, however when i add it to my docker config i get this error from docker:
dev can't create file: /dev/ttyACM0 via mknod (missing permissions)

Same problem since over one year (3-4 weeks, then i must restart). I will use a PI for it.