ConBee II not able to be configured

Hi,

I’m having issues connecting my ConBee II stick to Home assistant. I’ve not been using this for a while, but I recently wanted to add ZHA. I get an message that it is discoverd:

But whenever I try to configure it, I get: “Failed to probe the usb device”

I’m running HassOS in a proxmox vm. I’ve tried passing my stick via every option possible in proxmox, all have the same result, in the logs I can see the following:

Could anybody help me further?

HassOS: 7.0 (issue was already present on 6.6)
Supervisor: 2021.12.1 (but already having issues for a couple of versions)

Is it connected through a USB 3 port? Try a extension cable and place it far away from USB3 ports. They interfere with conbee sticks.

Make sure deconz is not installed. Only one Zigbee integration can use the same stick at the same time.

1 Like

I have a intel nuc, which only has USB 3 ports, but I’ve added an old usb-hub inbetween. So it should be running on USB 2.0

Also I’ve configured it in proxmox as a 2.0 interface (there is a checkbox for USB 3.1)

Deconz is uninstalled.

I have the same issue but with a raspberry pi 4 model b.
Trying already since several days. With deconz or with ZHA or even have it on another RPI with Zigbee2MQTT. Just nothing works.
I have my extension cable. Conbee is plugged into USB 2 (have an SSD in the USB 3 port). Original power supply with 3.1 A
Still the same issue. it shows up, but as soon as i want to configure it, it wont be able to connect. And if i get it to connect, no Zigbee device will ever be detected. It only worked when i detached my SSD…

Im really thankful if someone can help.

RESOLVED: Bad firmware on the device. Manually updating it fixed it: Update deCONZ manually · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub

2 Likes

Same for me, updated and then no issues anymore.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Was using Deconz integration but I removed it.

I updated the firmware to https://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware/deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26720700.bin.GCF

but same result “Failed to probe the usb device”

Did you install a specifc firmware? (could try that… before I was running deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26660700.bin.GCF) But it’s really strange because if the firmware was not OK, using the lights from the deconz local website would not work at all no?

Thanks.

I added ‘privileged: true’ in my docker-compose… now it’s spinning for about 30sec but same result at the end.