Conbee II Phoscon App can't find lamp

Hi,

I’m new to home assistant and home automation in general. What I have:

Raspberry Pi with Conbee II, running home assistant and deconz
Philips Hue Cher ceiling light
Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
Philips Hue Smart Button

I was able to pair the Dimmer Switch in the phoscon app with the Conbee, I was not able to pair the Smart Button, nor detect the ceiling light(pressing search for new lights did nothing).

I have read this: Guide to deCONZ high level debugging
I got all of that working( installed deCONZ from the apt repositories, HA running in Docker on my Pi, reconfigured deCONZ to run on port 8080 to not interfere with my apache2). I can login into Phoscon and installed the integration “deCONZ Zigbee gateway” and can see some devices:

I don’t know which of these is the paired Dimm Switch, this is all pretty confusing still right now.
How can I pair the Cher ceiling light with the Conbee so the Dimmer Switch is able to control the ceiling light?

Thanks for any help!

Hi! Maybe none of them, the upper (first one) is just a virtual daylight sensor, based on where you live and the clock.
The second one the Conbee itself.
The third one, i am unsure but it looks like you have created a room in Phoscon app.

I have Conbee, but no Hue devices so far.
But a quick google found this, maybe it could help:

Isn’t the Daylight Philips your light?

I do not have a Philips smart button so I cannot confirm that it works. But if it does the remember that such a button creates events in home assistant. It does not show up as a switch

But you seem to have a dimmer and at least one light paired and Home Assistant has pulled them in. You should see them in Phoscon. It is very likely that when you paired the switch the lamp was added also.

There is a very detailed user manual for the Phoscon on the manufacturers website
You should read it through so you understand the basics

https://phoscon.de/en/app/doc

Follow up on my own. Daylight is the default sensor that changes as you go through day and night. It is strange it says Philips.

But in any case. If you follow my guide you linked to then you need to follow the sequence of how things are connected. It does not help looking in Home Assistant if the device has not yet been paired in the Phoscon app. The issue is that you have not been able to pair the devices.

To pair a device you need 3 conditions

• Deconz/phoscon must be in pairing mode
  • The device must be in pairing mode
  • The device must be within range of the Conbee II

The Philips 4 button remote is put in pairing mode by clicking the setup button with a paperclip though the small hole in the back

I do not know the Philips smart button but it took 5 seconds to Google this https://youtu.be/QhwOIJq9QnI

Finally. All Philips bulbs and LED strips I have encountered are reset by taking any Philips 4 button remote, hold it within 10 cm or so, and press and hold both the I and O buttons until the light starts flashing.

If you bought the lamp with a remote in a kit they may already be paired and then you need this kind of trick to reset the lamp.

And now we are at it. All smart plugs I have seen are reset by holding the on button for 5-10 seconds. IKEA bulbs and lamps are turned on and off 6 times leaving the bulb on after the 6th time and seeing a small flash of the bulb. If no flash, try again and again. Speed is like 1 second on and 0.5 second off when you turn on and off.

Thanks for the link to the documentation.

Regarding the smart button:

• I did in phoscon by going to navigate → Devices → Switches → Add new switch and then chose others
  • I did put the button in pairing mode by opening it up and pressing reset (I did that from the start, because the manual of the button stated so)
  • there are like 20cm between them

Thats exactly what I did.

I did that with the Cher ceiling light and the dimmer switch. The bulb flashes one time indicating it got paired but I still cannot control the lamp with the switch, also after removing the dimmer switch from the conbee, which should work regarding to the delivered manual of the lamp.

Yeah, I am trying to pair them with the phoscon app:

But as you can see under lights there is only the virtual light from conbee, after pairing the dimmer switch. And I can’t get to pair the smart button by pressing the reset button. Sorry for it being in german, I couldn’t find out on how to switch to english yet.

Regarding the dimmer switch and ceiling light:
I will try to get it working with the support of Philips next week without Conbee/Philips Hue Bridge(which I don’t have), as this should work also.

Regarding the smart button:
Still does not work, by going into the phoscon app in the browser clicking add new switch → others, and pressing the reset button in the back of the smart button. Any other tipps I could try?

When you use the 4-button remote with I and O simultaneously you reset the light back to unpaired and then for the next minute or so it is in pairing mode.
So right after the O/I reset you go to Phoscon and add a light. And then within a minute it should show up in Phoscon.

Devices that are confirmed compatible with deconz are listed here

I see the Philips smart button there.

Lights are normally always supported even if not listed.

Update:
Thanks for pointing me to the github repo, I opened a issue there:https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/2619. Together with another very friendly being, I was able to determine that the problem was only the gui not supporting the button. The REST API with curl showed the button working :).

After that I was able with the documentation and some googling to bring the button productive (whenever it is pressed, my door is opened).

The Lamp still does not work, but there my plan is right now to remove the dimmer switch from the Zigbee network, and get it to work with the lamp without a bridge first, together with Philips.

Thanks @KennethLavrsen for your support!

1 Like