Conbee/IKEA lights shows up with wrong state

Hi guys,
I’m new to the home automation world and I’ve just set up a bunch of IKEA trådfri lights and switches using a Conbee II, raspberry pi (Raspbian Stretch), Deconz and the home assistant docker image.
My automations are working fine and I can control all my lights and switches. However from time to time the lights and switches are showing up in the wrong state.
Both today and yesterday all items are shown as on, even though they’re clearly off. Turning an item “off” doesn’t do anything (its already off), but turning it “on” again works and the item is back to working as normal and I can turn it off. Then a while later they might suddenly be back to reporting as “on” even though it’s still actually off and neither me nor the automations has ever set it to “on”.

So there seems to be a glitch with how the state is being reported. The Phoscon-GW UI is also reporting the same incorrect state.

Has anyone else experienced these “fake on” states before?

If Phoscon shows the same state the problem is not related to HA, better take a look here;

1 Like

Thanks @sjee, turned out there’s an issue with the IKEA Trådfri motion sensors. Could fix it through connecting to deconz with VNC and following this guide: IKEA Trådfri motion sensor detection · Issue #1676 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub

Also note this regarding the binding process: IKEA Trådfri motion sensor detection · Issue #1676 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub