Conbee on same pi as Hass.io?

Hi, I’m running hass.io on a pi3b,
I have a conbee ZigBee usb dongle on its way.
I’ve been looking through all the deconz pages and can’t find an answer to the simplest part.
Do I plug it into the pi, or does it just need power and connect to wifi?
Or do I need to set it up on another separate pi?
How do I tell ha where to find it?

You’ll connect it to the Pi.

How you tell HA about it depends on whether you’re using deconz or zha.

I was looking to use deconz

A wise choice :slight_smile: It never ceases to amaze me just how awesome Deconz is compared to just about any other free IoT radio integration layer, it is absolutely “set and forget”.

thanks guys.
i like the graphical way you can set scenes in phoscon,
can these scenes be called from hass.io and also used as triggers for automations etc?

Check the docs, there are written for a reason :wink:

There’s only a single paragraph on scenes and it doesn’t say much at all.

so, i have my conbee installed and phoscon linked to hass. It took about 5 minutes to set up.
I have now moved all my lights over to phoscon rather than using the ikea tradfri hub and software.
The lights, switches and any scenes i have made in phoscon are now all available in hass.
So easy and rock solid. The scene editor and remote editor in phoscon is great.
With the ikea hub i had to manually add each light one at a time, with phoscon you just tell it to look for lights for 10 minutes, then reset all the lights and they appear. Amazing

I know, right? I unfortunately still own ~40 ZWave devices accumulated in 2 years and would not like the expense of replacing them all with Zigbee stuff, but after starting to use Deconz 7 months ago, I would never recommend anyone touch ZWave ever again :smiley:

1 Like

The mesh network is so solid

Hi All,

I am getting this error & I am unable to open the web Ui, when trying to set up my new Conbee II, do I need to do something with my Rassberry Pi?

18:50:56:425 Current channel 15
18:50:56:429 Device TTL 4914 s flags: 0x7
18:51:56:432 Current channel 15
18:51:56:441 Device TTL 4853 s flags: 0x7
18:52:56:432 Current channel 15
18:52:56:441 Device TTL 4793 s flags: 0x7
18:53:56:432 Current channel 15
18:53:56:441 Device TTL 4733 s flags: 0x7
18:53:57:842 discovery network reply error: Error transferring http://dresden-light.appspot.com/discover - server replied: Service Unavailable
18:54:02:915 send permit join, duration: 0
18:54:15:952 dev /dev/ttyAMA0
18:54:15:953 GW firmware version: 0x264a0700
18:54:15:953 GW firmware version is up to date: 0x264a0700

Hi to All,
I’m using HA (HassIO v0.88.2) for about 1 year and like it very much.
Now I’m planning to use Zigbee Devices using Conbee II Stick, together with Home Assistant.
I found Installation hints, where the Conbee Stick is directly connected to a USB Port at the RasPi with HassIO.

My HA is installed on a Pi 3B+ which is mounted in a room where it might be difficult to reach all (planned) zigbee devices.
So, I would like to install the Conbee/deConz on a separate Pi, which can be moved to a better location in the house.
Sorry I’m a ZigBee “NewBee”, so the question is:
Can this work and if so: How is it done and are there any known disadvantages?

Thx in advance!