Conbee2 on Raspi cannot find something

Dear Forum,
my conbee2 stick cannot find other Hue bulbs or Acera temperature sensors on Raspi.
I have made a firmware update on the conbee stick to Version 2.14.01 / 6.2.2022 Firmware 26720700 on Windows. Useing Deconz/Phoscon on Windows I could find the sensor and the bulb without problems. So the hardware of Conbee2 Stick seems fine.
I had everything running some month ago but after sometimes the sensors were not running well. I have reinstalled the whole system and cannot get conbee2 running again.

Conbee2 is setup as device /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2468831-if00

Host: OS7.6
Supervisor-2022.04.0
Core-2022.4.4

Every idea / hint is highly welcome.
Thanks

I actually had a similar experience. I did an update of the conbee ii stick last week to the latest firmware and after that my aqara motion sensors were not very responsive. They didn’t disappear exactly, sometimes they would work normally and sometimes nothing would change in HA. Everything had been working great for over a year before that.

For reference I use z2m to actually talk to my zigbee devices. Idk if you’re doing the same or one of the other options. I figured it was either the firmware or aqara devices being weird since they aren’t zigbee compliant. If it’s happening on multiple applications then that makes it the more likely culprit.

Anyway I think I got it resolved yesterday :crossed_fingers: I had tried a bunch of things without success this week but moving the aqara devices between networks seemed to work. Basically I had another zigbee stick from before I used conbee so I set z2m up on another machine. Paired the problematic motion sensors to that to reset their network info then paired them back to the original. Still too new to say for sure whether it worked 100% but it looks promising. Has been working for 24 hours when previous attempts failed within an hour or two.

If you’re trying to rebuild the network from scratch (that was my nuclear option) then I guess one thing I’d note that you haven’t mentioned is change the network key and/or channel. The devices all still think they’re in a network and are talking to each other, they don’t realize no one is listening anymore. If the new coordinator comes back in with the same network info then they seem to get confused. Particularly the aqara devices since they have no factory reset option.

Hi Mike, sounds strange, …I wonder why I can find the Hue bulbs or the sensors if the stick is connected to windows. There is currently no sensor and no bulb connected to the Raspi, because Conbee2 cannot find/pair devices. (The Acera temperatur sensor can be reset if you press the button for appr. 10 sec.)
I have no other zigbee stick to test to change the sensor settings.
I just tried to set the channel to 20 and searched for sensors but could not find it. - The Channel switched back to 11 after a first unsuccessful search.
How can I reset / rebuild the network?

Oh right I think I noticed that I was only able to use channel 11 with the conbee ii stick. I’m that case you’ll have to change the network key. How you do that depends on what application/integration you’re using to talk to the stick. Are you using z2m, zha, deconz or something else? All have an option for this I believe.