Concerning logbook entries and actions

Hey all, not sure if this is the right category for this post or not. If not, I apologize.

I’m new to HA and HA Cloud, but have automated much of our house and as of last night I’m seeing some weird things in the logbook and had numerous lights actually come on and then go back off corresponding with these logbook items. It appears these commands came from Alexa and/or Home Assistant Cloud, but I don’t know how or why. I have no automations set up that would execute any such thing at 1:45am and I’ve gone back to earlier logs prior to last night and don’t see entries like these. Anybody have any idea why or how this would be happening? Nobody has access to my Alexa or HA Cloud account except myself and my wife, who was asleep next to me when all this happened.
Thanks in advance for the help!

This looks suspiciously like somebody else does.

Thanks for the response. That was my concern as well, but I have no idea how they could. We just moved into this house and we haven’t even given our Wifi password to any friends, never mind access to HA or HA Cloud, or Alexa. I guess now I’m trying to figure out what the best course of action is to resolve this.

Change your passwords alexa, home assistant and Nabu Casa, set up multi-factor authentication if you have not already.

I changed passwords on everything this morning. I do have MFA on my Alexa/Amazon account, but don’t think that’s an option with HA or Nabu Casa. I guess now I’ll just watch the logs (or all the lights in the house in the middle of the night) and see if I see more weird activity. Thanks again!

It is an option for HA.

You could also send a support request to Nabu Casa they may be able to identify the origin of the login.

1 Like

Awesome, I hadn’t seen the MFA feature in HA, but I’ve set it up now!

That’s a good idea re: support request to Nabu Casa if they can tell anything from their logs. I’ll send that now.