Conditional statements

Hi, I’m trying to replace my old thermostat and switch to zone control using HA. I’ve come a long way already but fail to get the last part.

What I have are 2 zones with floor heating (kitchen and living room) and both have their respective valves to close / open the zone. I’m able already to close both based on temperature readings, but the final step would be to control my relay for my boiler, so it gets a rest signal once the temperature is in range in both zones.

So what I’d like to achieve are 2 states :

Boiler in production (relay On) :
Trigger at 6AM, and keep in production between 6AM and 23PM while the temperature in one of the zones is below the target temperature (20 degrees).

Boiler in rest (relay off) :
Trigger at 23:00, or if both zones are above the target temperature (20 degrees) between 6AM and 23PM.

Or in other words, turn on at 06:00 and turn off at 23:00, but alternate during this timeframe depending on the temperature (off if both above 20, on if one below 20)

What I have is this :

##########################
#### BOILER ON ##########

- id: cv_boiler_on
  alias: Boiler CV Aan
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: 06:00
  condition:
  - condition: time
    after: 05:59
    before: '23:00'
  - condition: or
    conditions:
    - condition: numeric_state
      entity_id: sensor.temperatuur_keuken
      below: '20'
      entity_id: sensor.temperatuur_living
      below: '20'
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id: switch.relay_boiler
  mode: single

#### BOILER OFF ##########

- id: cv_boiler_off
  alias: Boiler CV Uit
  description: relais uit, boiler af
  trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: '23:00'
  condition:
  - condition: and
    conditions:
    - condition: time
      after: 05:59
      before: '23:00'
      entity_id: sensor.temperatuur_keuken
      above: '20'
      entity_id: sensor.temperatuur_living
      above: '20'
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    target:
      entity_id: switch.relay_boiler
  mode: single

But while testing it doesn’t seem to bother about any of the conditions. The relay goes on and off, but it always does this, while I would expect to ‘fail’ to close the relay if both zones are over 20.

How are you testing it?

if you trigger the automation manually thru the automation interface then it skips the conditions and just runs the actions no matter the conditions.

Ah, that would explain.
Any suggestion how to check with conditions? I’m not too familiar with this and want to avoid I need to wait each day till the morning (or evening) to see if something changes or not.

you can go to the developers tools->services tab and there you can select the automation.trigger service.

in the options for that service you can turn on or off “skip conditions”.

that’s the only way to do it. I tried to get that toggle added to the automation info box beside the “run actions” button but got no dev attention.