Config-check app in community

How do i do the following as per the repository: "You will need to create an entity called script.check_config , but this script can be blank and won’t actually perform any steps. It simply allows us to call the config check from Lovelace. Copying and pasting the following into your scripts.yaml file will add the proper script.

check_config:
sequence: []
alias: Check Configuration

Where is this script.check_config located and what kind of file is it (yaml or something else??)

You may find it at

…/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py
So it’s run when HA starts up.

I have that file now, but in lovelace I get the message: entity not available: script.check_config. I find the description in the repository a bit vague, at least for someone with limited experience like me. I do get a line "config result.

I have the service like this.
Screenshot_20190731_031331

Thanks, yes that works, but i don’t want to use services and then have top check if there is an issue. Instead I would like to make use of the following Community App that would show the result automatically:

However i cannot get it to work.

I reported my problem with the app to the creator apop880

It doesn’t exist until you create it in your scripts.yaml file. It gets created in the same way that every other “script.xxx” entity gets created by adding it to your config.

The way you create it is to open the scripts.yaml file (which is located in your config folder) and the paste the correctly formatted code from the repo into that file. Then you save it & reload scripts/restart HA.

Then there will be a new entity that exists in HA that will be called “script.config_check”.

That’s not the file that the repo is referring to. It actually isn’t referring to a “file” at all but a script entity.

The repo has you create a new entity in HA called “script.check_config”.

That’s because you haven’t created the entity yet.

You have to follow the instructions in the repo to create it:

You will need to create an entity called script.check_config, but this script can be blank and won’t actually perform any steps. It simply allows us to call the config check from Lovelace. Copying and pasting the following into your scripts.yaml file will add the proper script (emphasis added).

Thanks for all your help. I installed, uninstalled, re-installed, checked all the spacings but nothing worked. until I had a look at my configuration.yaml file. And the last line was … #script: !include scripts.yaml than one # was the whole problem !!!