Config file seems to be hidden

Please forgive me for I am new to both HA and AppDaemon.

I’ve installed the add on for HA and have been reading the documentation on configuration setup and trying simply just to run the test hello world app.

It all works… but the configuration file seems to be getting picked up from somewhere I cannot see.

I am using the following HA add ins to look for the config file: Terminal and Studio Code Server. These both reveal no appdaemon.yaml file under the /config directory

Nevertheless, AppDaemon still starts up and I get the following in the log:

Configuration read from: /config/appdaemon.yaml
Loading App Module: /config/apps/hello.py
Loading app hello_world using class HelloWorld from module hello

I tried creating my own config file using Studio Code Server and saving it at /config/appdaemon.yaml, and also creating my own test app. But when I restart AppDaemon neither are detected, it still reads the default files from I don’t know where. It feels as if it’s looking at a different drive with a different /config directory.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated

Add-on version: 0.16.2
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 11.4 (aarch64 / green)
Home Assistant Core: 2024.1.2
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2023.12.0

UPDATE: I’ve now found the config area that AppDaemon is looking at, it seems to have initialised the config area under /addon_config/a0d7b964_appdaemon/

Does anyone know why it set the files up here or how I can redirect AppDaemon to look somewhere else?

The same thing seems to have happened when I installed NodeRed although I haven’t done anything with that yet so have only just noticed.

Thanks again!

From my understand, you have to setup a symlink. There was an issue created on githiub for this and has everything to do with the add-on and not AD itself.

1 Like