Configuration for multiple Philips Hue bridges

Hello,

I’m fairly new to Home Assistant, but am loving it so far. I just recently added a second Philips Hue bridge to my network and am looking for the configuration in Home Assistant to support the second Hue bridge.

I’ve seen a post that the phue.conf files are not supported anymore, but I haven’t seen an example yet of how to configure the second Hue bridge in my searching. I’m sure I just missed it, but could someone show an example or steps or direct me to find the configuration to setup my second Hue bridge.

I’ve setup the Philips Hue integration straight from the UI, but am happy to make changes if I need to using the configuration files.

I’d really appreciate any thoughts!

Jeff

Resolved! I see that once I setup HA with the Raspberry Pi build, instead of running my own Docker container, that HA detected both Philips Hue bridges for me.

Can I ask how your Philips Hue bridges are working for you after a few months? I am thinking of switching to Philips Hue but would need 4 bridges, running on different zigbee channels. How is your stability?

Hey Ryan,

The integration with Home Assistant has been fantastic. I have 2 bridges with about 35 lights/devices on each bridge. The connections with lights and devices has been rock solid with only very infrequent 1-2 second delays in lights firing when triggered via a Hue motion sensor.

In addition to the bulbs, I’ve loved the Hue dimmer switches and smart buttons. With those, I’ve created additional automations in HA for different functionality. I have 15 or so Hue motion sensors that have lights on/off automations through HA, instead of using the Hue app, and they work fantastic. I prefer using HA for all my lights automation instead of the Hue app. My wife loves the set up we have, and that give me a feeling of success. Between the Hue bulbs I have and my smart switches, almost every light in the house is smart. I’ve become a fan of the Hue ecosystem.

Your set up would be larger than mine, so I’m not sure if you’d have additional challenges from load, but my set up with the 2 bridges and 70 Hue devices has been solid. I run HA on a Pi 4, wired in to my network and my wireless routers are wired in to the network via ethernet backhaul.

Ping me anytime with any questions or comments.

Jeff

Hi there,

Thank you for the helpful info. I have a similar situation described here, needing two Hue Bridges in HA which I’d like to work seamlessly

May I check with you his you went about this - did you have to register a second hue email account?

I’m not sure which path to take after trying to setup a new Hue account.

Thanks so much