Configuration Home Assistant with IFTTT Webhook

Anglais

I’m brand new to Home Assistant (barely ten days).

My goal is to activate a scene ON in Home Assistant when I receive a notification on my phone (EJP day announced by EDF). In IFTTT I have an applet which processes the “IF” (reception of the notification) and for the “THEN” I use Webhook to try to transmit the information to Home Assistant… I already use this applet with an api in Zipato and it works very well. I want to migrate to Home Assistant…
So the flow of information would be as follows:
EDF & MOI application => Mobile => Webhook => Home Assistant.

It’s not the simplest because there are quite a few links in the chain but I have no idea how to make it simpler… from a mobile notification can we sort the notifications in Home Assistant with a notification wording and content?

Otherwise, I’m trying to understand how the different identifiers interact:

• WEBHOOK ID in IFTTT: jEBxxxxx
  • WEBHOOK ID in Automation: -5fQcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Trigger ID in Automation? when you press the 3 small dots on the right

Should we put the IFTTT Webhook ID in the AUTOMATION Webhook ID, or the other way around?
What is the trigger ID for?

Should you work primarily with Automation or with Automation and YAML files? or only YAML files?
Is the IFTTT Webhook body correct to activate a scene:
{ "action": "call_service", "service": "scene.turn_on", "entity_id": "input_boolean.ejp_demain" }

Thanks in advance!

Config

Version core-2024.1.2
Type d’installation Home Assistant OS
Développement false
Supervisor true
Docker true
Utilisateur root
Environnement virtuel false
Version de Python 3.11.6
Famille du système d’exploitation Linux
Version du système d’exploitation 6.1.63-haos-raspi
Architecture du processeur aarch64
Fuseau horaire Europe/Paris
Répertoire de configuration /config

While you can do this with IFTTT, a last notification sensor is definitely an easier way. Use the conditions part of the automation, to ensure the automation requires the android package name for the EDF app, you’ll need to use state for the condition, and choose the attribute for the app package name. (package)

You can then use a template to match text in the notification:

- "{{ 'text I am searching for' in state_attr('sensor.last_notification','android.text') }}"

If you go down the IFTTT route, then it’s the Home Assistant webhook ID that is the important part, the webhook ID in IFTTT is for posting data TO IFTTT.

A trigger ID in an automation is a way for you to have multiple triggers in an automation and choose what to do in the automation based on the trigger id - for example:

trigger: 
   - platform: state
     entity_id: light.light_strip
     to: on
     id: light_on
   - platform: state
     entity_id: light.light_strip
     to: off
     id: light_off

It would not be needed in your case, you simply have the webhook as the trigger, and then the actions you want to perform when the automation is triggered.

Hi
I found tutorials for sending notifications from HA to a mobile, but not from a mobile to HA…
I tried to delve into the simple solution that you so kindly offered me… For this I wanted to declare the “Last Notification” entity at the level of my “Mobile” device in HA I activated it but it remains in the “unknown” state.
So I can’t find it in “Automation” as a “Trigger”…
Is there a solution to this? Or am I missing the point?
I had no problem with other entities on my mobile… Is this a technical impossibility on my mobile? or something I didn’t realize on the HA side?
Best Regards

When you enable it - you are supposed to setup an allow list of apps that the app will send notifications back to Home Assistant for. However I cannot see the setting in my app either. It definitely used to be there, but it seems to have vanished right now. By default there are no apps on the list, and the ability to disable the allow list requirement is disabled, because otherwise your battery would be drained pretty quickly.

@dshokouhi Can you confirm if the allow list setting has somehow been lost in any recent update?

EDIT:
Leaving the app and going back in after turning the sensor on, the allow list setting has magically appeared.

the allow list is there however it will not generate until any app has posted a notification to the status bar, the code is unreachable until that occurs. Leaving the app causes the sensor worker to post a notification to the status bar which is why it seems to have shown it quickly.

LAST NOTIFICATION was not present when I integrated the MOBILE APPLICATION about two weeks ago. Was this before or after the first update
2023.12.4. Then the other two versions followed quickly: 2024.1.0 and 2024.1.2

Last Notification has been part of the app for ages. I’ve been using it for at least a few years.

See for example:

Last Notification Has Stopped Updating this post from 2021