Configuration issue with custom views (phone/tablet/PC)

Hi Guys,

I am trouble because I don’t understand what is wrong im my config. I would like to make a nice tablet view, but the colums withd doesn’t fit width my tablet screen but with the same resolution, it fit with the PC screen.

Could you please help me where I made a mistake?

here is the PC screen:

and here my tablet screen:

The two floorplan had a little different screen size but it doesn’t metter.

Here is my config

views:
  - type: custom:grid-layout
    path: home
    background: center / cover no-repeat fixed url("/local/blur_background.jpg")
    theme: noctis
    layout:
      #default
      margin: 0
      grid-gap: 15px
      grid-template-columns: 300px repeat(4, 1fr) 0fr
      grid-template-rows: 15px repeat(4, fit-content(100%)) 55px
      grid-template-areas: |
        "sidebar       almenu         menu          alap        alap          ."
        "sidebar       media          menu          alap        alap          ."
        "footer_people footer         footer        footer      footer        ."
      mediaquery:
        #phone
        "(max-width: 800px)":
          grid-gap: 40px
          grid-template-columns: auto
          grid-template-rows: auto
            "menu"
            "footer_people"
            "alap"
            "sidebar"
            "media"
            "almenu"
            "footer"
        #tablet
        "(max-width: 1200px)":
          grid-gap: 5px
          grid-template-columns: 250px repeat(4, 1fr) 0fr
          grid-template-rows: 30px repeat(4, min-content) 45px auto
            "sidebar       media          menu          alap        alap          ."
            "footer_people footer         footer        footer      footer        ."

Thank you very much for you help.

Your code works fine and there is not much wrong with it. The problem lays with this part:

#tablet
  grid-template-rows: 30px repeat(4, min-content) 45px auto

Your content in sidebar or almenu and media is too big. Because of min-content, this will create a container with too much height, resulting in yout footer being out of the view.

1 Like

Thanks your help.

But i tried this and a lil bit helped but till I can’t get what I see on the PC screen with the same resolution.

Do you have any idea?

#tablet
          grid-template-rows: 15px repeat(4, fit-content(100%)) 45px auto

This is now:

The difference in size maybe comes from the different way OS’ handle pixels, points or percents.

I think the best fix is too make the main grid areas a little less ‘height’. You could use overflow or set a maximum value with pixels, points or (r)em.

Other options are to change the grid view for tablet and rearrange.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will play with it. I give a try to resize fonts, perhaps it will help.

:v:

I will come back if I have a succes.

1 Like