Configuration of automation of lifx light with aeotec multisensor

Hi,

New to all this and looking to make my first automation but unsure how.

I’m all set up with my devices and I want to make an automation to do the following using aeotec multisensor and lifx light bulb (which i have all working).

If lux level <20 lux and bulb is off and motion is sensed then I want to bulb to turn on for 1 minute.

If the bulb is already on then I want it to do nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or link an example as i dont know where to start.

Many thanks
Tom

I don’t have an Aeotec multisensor, so I don’t know about the specifics. It would help if you shared some of those, such as what are the entity’s involved (for the sensor and the light), what do their states mean, are there any attributes of those entities that are important to this (e.g., where is lux reported, and how is motion indicated.)

Generically speaking, though:

automation:
  - alias: Turn on light if off, it is dark, and motion is sensed
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.my_motion_sensor
      to: 'whatever_means_motion'
    condition:
      - condition: numeric_state
        entity_id: sensor.my_lux_sensor
        below: 20
      - condition: state
        entity_id: light.my_light
        state: 'off'
    action:
      - service: light.turn_on
      - delay: 60
      - service: light.turn_off

Note that if motion is sensed again during the one minute the light is on the delay will not restart. I.e., the light will turn off one minute after it goes on (after motion is first sensed.) If you want the light to go on when motion is first sensed, and to stay on until one minute after motion is no longer sensed, that is also possible, but depends on some of the specifics I asked about above.

Thanks for your help - I’ll have a play around and see if I can get it working.

Cheers
Tom