Configuration of Philio PSP05?

Has anyone managed to get the Philio PSP05 motion sensor working in HA? With the default configuration values, once motion has been detected, HA reports it as permanently detected - it never clears after a certain time. Thanks in advance.

No, but I have had problems with other motion sensor.

Go into the HASS device config for that device and look for disabled entities, enable them, restart HASS, and see if any of them work,

Thanks, I found an entity that gave me what I wanted after some trial and error with the configuration settings as well.

For future reference, this is how I have the PSP05 configured:

And the entity I am using is Sensor state (Motion):

1 Like

Hi Geoff,

Did you find a way to solve the issue ? I meet exactly the same problem : once the motion state has been “Detected”, it never reverts back to “Clear”.

I had to set it up using the Sensor state (Motion) entity instead of the expected Motion detection…

Thanks Geoff,

Unfortunately, the sensor “Sensor state (Motion)” is unavailable on my system :sleepy: I have only the “Motion detection” state which is never triggered if my Philio is configured as “Binary Sensor” (parameter 7, bit 4, “Notification type”).

The good news is that the detection state is triggered if I configure the parameter 7, bit 4, to “Report Notification”, but, as many people in the forums, the state “Detected” is never reverted back to “Clear” (it is like the “motion off” of the sensor is never sent or received by Home Assistant). But I finally find a way to make it work, by configuring a small Python script which automatically reset the motion state (Detected > Clear) after some seconds. So, at the end, it WORKS !

Thanks anyway for your kind support.

Pierre

I’ve found the IKEA (zigbee) motion sensors to be decent (and cheap). I’ve also had good luck with the Fibaro ones if you need zwave.

Thank you very much, Geoff!
You made my day!

I have enabled the sensor
binary_sensor.motion_sensor_sensor_state_motion

and disabled the sensor
binary_sensor.motion_sensor_motion_detection
(which was always on “detected”)

now everything works as desired.

1 Like

For me too both the motion sensor and tamper functionality work after enabling the both -by default disabled- sensor state entities. Don’t forget to also set the ‘Show as’ for the both entities “Sensor state (Motion)” and “Sensor state (Tamper)” to ‘motion’ and ‘tamper’ respectively at the same time you enable them.

Looking at the ZWave JS UI debug window it seems the problem with the standard motion device not going back to ‘clear’ is caused by the psp05 firmware returning an unknown (incorrect?) value of 254 for the ‘clear’ notification. According to the log this notification gets disregarded by zwave js.

I also had the issue of the motion and tamper sensors not reverting back to their default states.
I enabled the “binary_sensor.motion_sensor_sensor_state_motion” and it detected motion but never reverted back to “clear”. As @malonip mentioned, the solution was a script to manually force a value for the sensor.
After setting the value of “0”, the motion sensor now works as intended and automatically reverts back to “clear” :tada:

The script I used: set_state.py
Then I call the service “python_script.set_state” with the following data.

service: python_script.set_state
data:
  entity_id: binary_sensor.motion_sensor_sensor_state_motion
  state: 0

For the tamper sensor i just use the state “Clear”.
Note that this sensor won’t revert back to clear when the tamper switch is resored. But honestly, I rather restore this state manually if it’s triggered.

Big thanks to @malonip @gcoupe @rodpayne @xannor

To close the topic : after using for months a set_state.py script to clear the state of the “motion detection” when the parameter 7 bit 4 “notification type” is set to “notification report”, I wanted to check again an easier configuration with parameter 7 bit 4 set to “binary sensor” that raises the issue discussed, i.e. state “detected” never reverting back to “clear” (thus necessitating a set_state.py script).

The good news is that, as @rrozema states (thanks to him !), the sensor behaves correctly and revert to clear automatically when using the ZWave JS UI addon/integration in Home Assistant.
Thus the “Sensor state (Motion)” can be (re-)enabled and used.

are you using this script successfully with HA 2024.3.0 ? :slight_smile: