Configuration Parameters and Editing User Codes for Schlage Connect Z-Wave JS

I am looking to understand how to control the 2 locks that I have. Both are BE469ZP. One device does not have Z-wave plus. Do I need to exclude/re-include this device to? I assume this is why the devices have very different sensors and diagnostics.

Even for the one device that has Version 1 Z-wave Plus, I cannot figure out how to add or clear codes using the developer tools services UI. Is there some kind of syntax? I constantly get an unknown error.

I do not understand what Parameter 6 (User Slot Bit Field) in the configuration is or how to use it. Is there some way to view all of the code slots so that I know which codes I may want to clear and which ones I do not want to overwrite?

Thanks for any advice

1 Like

Are you sure one doesn’t have ZWave plus? I thought that was the whole point behind the ZP model number. My 469s are the old non plus but also do not include ZP in the model.

If it supports plus but doesnt show as Plus then im pretty sure the interview didn’t go well. ZWave JS needs to ‘see’ the code slots before you can start manipulating them.

Are you using ZWaveJS or are you using the JS UI? What do they say about the locks? Do they recognize them properly?

Once you’ve ensured they’re included correctly have you looked at Keymaster?

The one device said it did not have Zwave Plus. However, I did a factory reset and excluded both before adding them. Now they both show as having Zwave Plus, and I was able to add some codes.

I’m not sure what UI you are referring to. I use the integration ZwaveJS and click the configure button followed by adding a device.

I have not really looked at Keymaster. Is it the best way to view the code slots?

It’s definitely the easiest once your locks are setup properly. I certainly didn’t want to figure out how to write all the necessary scripts myself…