Configuration Problems - Attempting install of colorlog==3.1.2

Hello
Just update my home assistant instance on hassbian with the hassbian scripts. After doing this, I get a lot of errors when checking my config file through the web GUI, listed below.

INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of colorlog==3.1.2
ERROR:homeassistant.util.package:Unable to install package colorlog==3.1.2: Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/shutil.py", line 544, in move
    os.rename(src, real_dst)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/colorlog-3.0.1.dist-info/DESCRIPTION.rst' -> '/tmp/pip-g_cdphcn-uninstall/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/colorlog-3.0.1.dist-info/DESCRIPTION.rst'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 215, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 360, in run
    prefix=options.prefix_path,
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 778, in install
    requirement.uninstall(auto_confirm=True)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/req/req_install.py", line 754, in uninstall
    paths_to_remove.remove(auto_confirm)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/req/req_uninstall.py", line 115, in remove
    renames(path, new_path)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/utils/__init__.py", line 267, in renames
    shutil.move(old, new)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/shutil.py", line 559, in move
    os.unlink(src)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/colorlog-3.0.1.dist-info/DESCRIPTION.rst'
Aborting script, could not install dependency colorlog==3.1.2

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thank you!

The permission error normally means you are trying to do the update when you are not homeassistant user. Or possibly you did so in the past and homeassistant user no longer has permissions to write to this file.

How can I fix this?
Thanks!

It depends on which problem you have. Follow the update instructions if you hadn’t switched to homeassistant user.

If the permissions are incorrect in the virtual environment, you might try and fix them manually, but its probably easier to move the VM directory (/srv/homeassistant) and recreate it using the instructions here - steps 1 to 5.